Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,091  
I have one of the earthquake impacts but never pull it out because I have this set, and I have to say I use both items pretty regularly. Not sure about posting links, but just go to sears or ebay and type the model # 17729XN. It is only 159 with free shipping on the sears site, which seems like a slamming deal to me. I mostly use the battery impact to remove lug nuts.

I have that set too, that thing packs a punch. I think the 200 ft/lbs is lower than what it really does. Zips off lug nuts like they were already loose. Gotta buy it when on the $159 special. Also nice to have the extra battery and angle grinder.

Sears.com

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,092  
One notable thing with my Earthquake impact wrench is that it was very stiff until it got some use. It was hard to switch from F-R until I used it maybe 15-20 times. Then it was easier. Mine has tremendous power and I have loosened big and rusty parts that were rust-welded together. Someone said it was 300 ft lbs but I think way more than that. I have even twisted 1/2" drive shorty extensions in half.

I also use it with 3/4" and 1" adaptors to loosen really big nuts. No problem yet.

The 1/2" Earthquake is rated at 700 ft.-lbs.

I'm also looking at this Kobalt 700 ft.-lb. Impact at Lowes. It's $80.

Shop Kobalt 1/2-in 7 ft-lbs Air Impact Wrench at Lowes.com

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,093  
Yep, I've been looking at the 1/2" Earthquake myself.

I have been very satisfied with the 1/2 inch earthquake.
I doubt that ...ahh, just remembered that this is the TRACTOR forum.
I was about to say that it will undo the lug nuts on ANYTHING.
For tractors, trucks (other than pick-ups) and HEAVY RVs, maybe get the 3/4 inch one.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,094  
Rick,

Did you get the compressor?

Not yet RS. Went to the closest HF to ranch last week and they had the old model on display. Didn't have time to go to one of the other HF stores in Houston, may try this week. I want to see the new model before putting my money down. I don't think that, other than the decals on tank, there is much difference, but need to see for myself.

It's still on sale for $799.

I need to get my 220 VAC Power run to where it will be installed also.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,095  
The 1/2" Earthquake is rated at 700 ft.-lbs.

I'm also looking at this Kobalt 700 ft.-lb. Impact at Lowes. It's $80.

Shop Kobalt 1/2-in 7 ft-lbs Air Impact Wrench at Lowes.com

Look at it this way: everyone here knows the Earthquake works and is powerful. It gets nearly five stars and has been around for maybe 10 years in current form. The Kobalt is surely Chinese, as is the Earthquake but is a partially unknown item and gets a lower rating. I compared other wrenches before I bought the Earthquake and feel the Earthquake was overall best.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,097  
One notable thing with my Earthquake impact wrench is that it was very stiff until it got some use. It was hard to switch from F-R until I used it maybe 15-20 times. Then it was easier. Mine has tremendous power and I have loosened big and rusty parts that were rust-welded together. Someone said it was 300 ft lbs but I think way more than that. I have even twisted 1/2" drive shorty extensions in half.

I also use it with 3/4" and 1" adaptors to loosen really big nuts. No problem yet.

The Earthquake has an ultimate torque of 700+ft.lb. in reverse.. About 500ft.lb forward.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,098  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,100  
Not yet RS. Went to the closest HF to ranch last week and they had the old model on display. Didn't have time to go to one of the other HF stores in Houston, may try this week. I want to see the new model before putting my money down. I don't think that, other than the decals on tank, there is much difference, but need to see for myself.

It's still on sale for $799.

I need to get my 220 VAC Power run to where it will be installed also.

You will not be far from a decently stocked HF on Wednesday this week ;) It is on Lamar not far off of 71/290.