EGO Power Lawn Equipment

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment #11  
Sounds like a good set up. The problem I have with electric yard equipment is dealing with the cords. Enough to make me skip a week which just makes it that much more difficult the next week. I have a cordless hedge trimmer that I love. A friend was in my shop once and spotted the small electric chain saw I have on a shelf. He asked why I would ever buy and electric chainsaw? I told him it starts every time. I could see the benefit of a cordless saw for quick trimming or dealing with a broken limb and such.

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment #12  
This is a good thread. I wasn't aware of this brand, and I am in the market for an electric chainsaw. The EGO is receiving high marks on the HD website. I look forward to getting rid of my gas powered saws. I have the Ryobi battery pole saw, and like it. However, the Ryobi chain saw, looks like it won't meet my needs. I also have the Ryobi battery blower, and job site radio, both good items. My lawn mower for around the house is a Neuton, but it isn't self propelled. I may have to upgrade to the EGO.

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment
I considered the Neuton in the past, but just did not want a lawnmower that was not self propelled.

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment #14  
I have the EGO LM2102SP. Bought it this Summer and love it. Its great for around the house. All my equipment is at a remote location.
I have a JD X534 which I have mowed with for 5 years, but this mower can cut my whole lawn (19,000sf) IF I don't use the self-propelled feature.
Now the X534 takes the Summer off and I didn't use it again until the leaves started falling. At 62 YO and 215# I need some exercise anyway so
pushing the mower gets me about 4.5 miles of walking pushing the 62 pound mower about every 5 days.

I got the SP model for the bigger battery and better (as in faster) charger. I liked the mower so much I bought their chainsaw to keep at the house
for clean up work. Its great not having to mix oil/gas and have it hanging around and going stale. And when I am done no worries about a hot mower
or chainsaw, I can put it away immediately. All my Stihl 2 cycle equipment is now with my other equipment, don't need it around the house with the
exception of my Stihl stick edger. That thing is the best for edging and I have about 375 feet of curb to do each week. It leaves a laser like edge that
can't be beat. My sting trimmer is the Ryobi 40V which I have had for a coupe years and the reason I have stuck with it is the interchangeable
attachments. I have the string trimmer, hedge trimmer, pole pruner, blower, and brush cutter. The Ryobi 40V batteries give me ample run time, I
usually only need one to do all I have to do in each lawn maintenance session. If EFO made a powerhead that accepted Expand-It attachments I would
get it so I could go to one battery platform. But other than that I have nothing bad to say about the Ryobi 40V gear.

If you have questions on the EGO mower send 'em my way I'll be glad to answer.

I just got the side discharge chute for the mower a couple of days ago and used it, just to try it out, yesterday. I think that would be the way to go if I had extra tall, thick grass to mow, but for my usual mowing, I'll probably just stay with mulching.

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment #16  
I sold my Stihl 290 chainsaw last Saturday. My EG0 chainsaw is being delivered this coming Monday. Yipee!

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment #17  
I'm at the end of the second year on the mower and the battery is just now showing a little bit of slowing down. Before I could get 30 minutes of mowing now it's down to 25. I may have to replace it next spring. I see they make the batteries in different Ah. Mine is a 4Ah now. Does anyone have the 7.5Ah, and how long can you mow with it? In the Summer when I run out of battery it is a good reminder to hydrate, while it recharges for 15 minutes.

I have the 7.5 Ah battery with my mower, but I've only had it a little less than 2 months. I haven't really timed it carefully, but I'd say it's good for at least 45 minutes; maybe a bit more. Of course I'm using the self-propelled feature and I can mow all of our yard and about two-thirds of one next door. Then one of the 2.5 Ah batteries is more than enough to finish the job.

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment #19  
I have the 7.5 Ah battery with my mower, but I've only had it a little less than 2 months. I haven't really timed it carefully, but I'd say it's good for at least 45 minutes; maybe a bit more. Of course I'm using the self-propelled feature and I can mow all of our yard and about two-thirds of one next door. Then one of the 2.5 Ah batteries is more than enough to finish the job.

Thanks Bird that's good to know. My next question is will the 7.5Ah fit in a push mower that now has a 4Ah battery? The mower battery is thicker than the other batteries. My 2Ah and 2.5Ah batteries are 2 1/2" wide measured across the indicator light and the 4Ah is 3 1/8" measured across the indicator light. Is the 7.5Ah the same width as the 4Ah?

Don, it's my understanding that any of their batteries will fit any Ego tool. If I understand your measurements, they are all "thickness" measured straight across the indicator light (middle of the battery). So my 7.5 is 3.75" thick. Overall, the battery is 6" wide and 4" thick.