EGO Power Lawn Equipment

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment #21  
Don, it's my understanding that any of their batteries will fit any Ego tool. If I understand your measurements, they are all "thickness" measured straight across the indicator light (middle of the battery). So my 7.5 is 3.75" thick. Overall, the battery is 6" wide and 4" thick.

Yes you are right. On the review of the 7.5 battery one had replaced his 4 Ah battery with a 7.5Ah in a push mower and it worked fine. Thanks.

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment #22  
Not criticizing EGO, but I decided to go with Oregon 40V for a chainsaw last year: HPIM1501.JPG Not to replace my gas saws, but for thinning up to 3-4' saplings out of my timber. Two batteries last me around 3 hours of work, (cutting, treating the stumps & piling), which is all I want in one day anymore! I've been very happy with it!

Recently bought the Oregon leaf blower to go with it.

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment #23  
Not criticizing EGO, but I decided to go with Oregon 40V for a chainsaw last year: View attachment 488344 Not to replace my gas saws, but for thinning up to 3-4' saplings out of my timber. Two batteries last me around 3 hours of work, (cutting, treating the stumps & piling), which is all I want in one day anymore! I've been very happy with it!

Recently bought the Oregon leaf blower to go with it.
Nice workbench. What do you mean when you say you treat stumps? Do you take them out to lunch? LOL. Good to know you are satisfied with the Oregon saw. I've learned, most battery saws have satisfied users.

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment #24  
Nice workbench. What do you mean when you say you treat stumps? Do you take them out to lunch? LOL. Good to know you are satisfied with the Oregon saw. I've learned, most battery saws have satisfied users.

I treat them with Tordon RTU, stump killer.

I like the battery saw because I can set it down between cuts, it's not idling & I don't have to restart it!

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment #25  
I have the 7.5AH battery. I use my mower without the self-propelled, I push it just for the extra work and exercise. That was my plan when I purchased it. I can mow my entire lawn, 19,000 sq feet, on one charge. It takes about 1.5 hours to cut. I am mulching not bagging.

I bought my chainsaw as a bare tool so I use the 7.5 battery with it too. Fits fine but adds some weight, but I think it weighs less than my Stihl gas powered saw. I wish the EGO chainsaw had a sight window so you could see how much chain oil was in the reservoir. Other than that no complaints about the EGO chainsaw.

I hear a 600 CFM backpack blower is now available.

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment #26  
I have the 7.5AH battery. I use my mower without the self-propelled, I push it just for the extra work and exercise. That was my plan when I purchased it. I can mow my entire lawn, 19,000 sq feet, on one charge. It takes about 1.5 hours to cut. I am mulching not bagging.

I bought my chainsaw as a bare tool so I use the 7.5 battery with it too. Fits fine but adds some weight, but I think it weighs less than my Stihl gas powered saw. I wish the EGO chainsaw had a sight window so you could see how much chain oil was in the reservoir. Other than that no complaints about the EGO chainsaw.

The new chainsaws have a sight window for the reservoir.

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment #27  
I have the Oregon blower and it is amazing how powerful it is.

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment

Yes, but I just have the hand held 530 CFM model and love it for blowing off the sidewalks and driveways.

/ EGO Power Lawn Equipment #29  
Does anyone have any personal knowledge/experience/information/opinion about the EGO battery powered 56volt self propelled lawnmower, string trimmer, and/or blower? What I've read so far sure makes me think seriously about going from gasoline powered lawn equipment to battery powered.

I don't have the mower, but I do have an EGO string trimmer, leaf blower and chainsaw.
I really like these tools. No messing around with 2 stroke engines or mixing fuel.

The batteries are pretty long lasting with the string trimmer and chainsaw, since I don't run either continuously. The leaf blower is powerful (I got the back pack unit). Since it is ran continuously, you can expect the battery to go for about 30 minutes at the high speed setting (less with the turbo setting).
All of the EGO products use the same batteries and chargers, so once you buy one EGO product, any others can be purchased "bare" (no charger or battery which knocks about $100 off the price). I have three batteries and two chargers. One charger is quite adequate, but I do recommend at least two batteries.
Back to the string trimmer....the one I got uses .095" string and will easily knock down tall grasses and stalky stuff up to about a quarter inch (or so).

As I wrote, I don't have the mower...read good things about them but I have about 2 acres of lawn to mow.

The chainsaw is good for minor trimming. I've dropped a tree with a 6" trunk, but it's not built for dropping larger trees.

There you go, Bird...one owner's actual experience.