Snow tires

/ Snow tires
Snow1.jpegSnow2.jpeg

/ Snow tires #12  
If you are plowing snow why are you driving threw unplowed snow? A good set of standard size snow tires will go better in snow than oversized tires that are wider.

/ Snow tires
If you are plowing snow why are you driving threw unplowed snow? A good set of standard size snow tires will go better in snow than oversized tires that are wider.
I drive thru the snow so I don't plow it in the street make sense?

/ Snow tires #14  
You should be making passes during the storm so the amount doesn't get to high. What if your truck broke and you had to shovel?

/ Snow tires #15  
If you don't want to hang up your plow truck in deep snow one trick that works is to raise the plow some 3-4 inches and plow off the top layer later plowing away the remainder.

This trick works quite well with slimmer tires while fat ones will float and pack down the snow.
I once needed to clear customers after a major dumping that was higher than my plow blade and that method saved my hide.
Fortunately it was the last storm that season otherwise I'd have been in deep trouble

Most drives were downhill so once turned around I pushed the banks off to the sides going uphill as I had my weight and gravity to unstick me going backwards.
Fortunately that dumping was fairly dry snow.
\____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today's storm (no longer contract and just do my drive with a 20HP gear drive CUT) is wet and heavy and my blower can't handle a full load so I am using the same technique, raising the blower to blow away the top layer with second pass for the lower remainder.
Next passes I simply use half widths that the blower handles nicely.

/ Snow tires
The problem here is wrong tires for plowing there At but no snow tires. Never really had a problem till 18"came down!.

/ Snow tires #17  
Plow during half of the storm just in case your able to do final clean after the storm.

/ Snow tires #18  
The problem here is wrong tires for plowing there At but no snow tires. Never really had a problem till 18"came down!.

So far my favorite tires to plow with are Goodyear Duratrac's. They are severe snow rated.

/ Snow tires
So far my favorite tires to plow with are Goodyear Duratrac's. They are severe snow rated.
Are they? Because now I am in a jam.my driveway is plowed except a 100 feet or so I am in the turn look at the pics. and the plow almost took the truck into the ditch! its still on the drive I have to shovel out the right end of the plow spred ashs to get traction.