Snow tires

/ Snow tires #31  
I concur with Copperhead. If you've even just bumped up to the next tire size, that door sticker is probably asking for more pressure than you need, and you should NEVER need 80psi in the front tires...

FWIW, I pull a 10,000lb gooseneck and keep the truck tires at 60psi all around with no worries in the winter. I'd up them to 70psi in the heat of summer, or for extended highway runs, but otherwise there's no problem. But I'm running 255/80R17's, not the stock 245's. Bigger tires take less pressure to handle the same load as a small tire. Running more pressure than you need sacrifices tread life, ride quality, and traction.

/ Snow tires #32  
I've also heard (from an engineer at Cooper, no less!) that the BFG ATKO2 is excellent on snow and ice, though not truly a dedicated winter tire. (He said it was the best non-winter tire they'd ever tested on snow and ice... Not counting their ATW, which is semi-dedicated...)
Looking at them for a Tacoma: they have the severe snow rating: All-Terrain T/A KO2 | BFGoodrich Tires.

However like most dedicated winter tires they do not have a UTQG treadwear rating.