Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP

/ Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP
Mission complete!!! I even ended up finding a good deal on a used 22ft 10k trailer. I can't wait for the new decals & piranha bar to arrive. I had them throw in a couple cans of Kobata Orange spray paint to touch up the arms & grill guard, a cool Bota hat, a metal tool box, and 3 keys. :cool:

Thanks again for all of your help. The advise was priceless.

It's going to be hard traveling for work all next week until late Sun night & not being able to play with it.

IMG_4689.JPG

Last edited:
   / Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP #172  
Looks good! Congratulations!

/ Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP #173  
Yeah, I agree. I actually think the final result will be a system without DEF. If/when that happens it will be hard to get rid of a DEF machine without a serious financial hit. :(

I think some are mixing terms here. DEF is Diesel Exhaust Fluid, of which no tractor in the size being discussed here is currently being used. It's been used in large trucks for some time and started in pickups in 2011. (Never had any issues with it in my truck)
DPF (diesel particulate filter) is I think what you are referring to. Since all or most other tractor manufacturers and auto manufacturers use this system instead of what Mahindra uses, I think it would be more likely for Mahindra to change than everybody else.

/ Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP #174  
Mission complete!!! I even ended up finding a good deal on a used 22ft 10k trailer. I can't wait for the new decals & piranha bar to arrive. I had them throw in a couple cans of Kobata Orange spray paint to touch up the arms & grill guard, a cool Bota hat, a metal tool box, and 3 keys. :cool:

It's going to be hard traveling for work all next week until late Sun night & not being able to play with it.

View attachment 497366

Looking good!!

I suggest spending some time on here doing a little research on securing the tractor for transport. You're light enough to get away with straps, but if I were you I'd bite the bullet and buy some 5/16 Grade 70 chain and binders. Use the chain for the tractor and your straps for the loader and three point implement. Two binders is probably enough. Four would be better.

/ Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP #175  

View attachment 497366

Looks nice!

/ Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP #176  
Looks nice. Go easy on the rattle can painting. I'd rather see and own an 'honest' tractor than one that has had a liquid restoration.

You might look at sixdogs M6800 thread for some painting tips. His attention to detail delivers a great result.

/ Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP
Looking good!!

I suggest spending some time on here doing a little research on securing the tractor for transport. You're light enough to get away with straps, but if I were you I'd bite the bullet and buy some 5/16 Grade 70 chain and binders. Use the chain for the tractor and your straps for the loader and three point implement. Two binders is probably enough. Four would be better.

Yeah I can see where chains could be good... I've actually got some heavy chains up in mts but they didn't really do me much good while picking up in Louisburg...lol

I ended up using 4 straps that have a 3,000lb break force each.. the dealership seemed to be fine with it..heck he said he'd only use 2.. I had 4 so figured why not use it if I have it...

Just ordered the Piranha bar this morning.. It should be sitting @ the house waiting for me when I get back from my business trip next week... Super stoked to see how it performs.. if I'm happy with FEL performance then i'll pull the trigger on the grapple and 3rd function pretty quick...

great point.. I don't think I've got it in my to go to the lengths he did on his restoration... i just want to touch up the arms and grill guard where he let wood slide down the FEL arms and grill guard.

/ Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP #179  
Just ordered the Piranha bar this morning.. It should be sitting @ the house waiting for me when I get back from my business trip next week... .

nd i
That Piranha bar is great but be damned careful with it . It sticks out just that much farther and likes to reach out and grab things when you are wheeling around in close quarters. They have absolutely no mercy . Its a good idea to splash some very bright paint out on the ends for your own sake. You get messing around out in front of that thing and bend or turn into it you likely will need stitches . Its just when you are doing things out front and getting back on and off you tend to want to swing by close to that bucket edge and it's right there waiting for you. You will see what I mean the first time you step too close too fast:eek:

I got the piranhaIMG_3057.JPG bar in while I was in AZ on a business trip. Man that thing is awesome
Looking heavy duty & yeah it's very sharp. I can't wait to get it down by the river. I think it'"" make quick work of the saplings for sure.