Identify this Field Cultivator if You Can.

/ Identify this Field Cultivator if You Can. #21  
14" springs. How long has Fred Cain been in business? This seems well worn. Works good, but has miles on it.

I don't know the exact yrs they have been in business, however, I would guesstimate around 25-30. The same Field cultivator was made by a company called "Thrifty" before Fred Cain started. Ken Sweet

/ Identify this Field Cultivator if You Can. #22  
Fred has been in business longer than I can remember, never very big but made a great product. A lot of companies have copied his work, he is pretty old I seems to be close to retirement don't see to much of his equipment new anymore!

/ Identify this Field Cultivator if You Can. #23  
Fred has been in business longer than I can remember, never very big but made a great product. A lot of companies have copied his work, he is pretty old I seems to be close to retirement don't see to much of his equipment new anymore!

Everything Attachments has NEW Fred Cain attachments for sale/order EVERY day!

/ Identify this Field Cultivator if You Can.
After getting all the good info here and looking at some Fred Cain images and on-line parts diagrams I've concluded that it probably is a Fred Cain unit. Probably a very early version given its condition. There are a few differences, but those are minor...the parts diagram shows a bushing in the shank and mine doesn't have bushings, at least on the one I took off. It's 80 inches wide, not 87 but that could be a manufacturing change that occurred in later models. But everything else looks he same, so that's going to be my paint scheme. Red and Black. But maybe Ford blue to match the tractor.

Assuming it is a Fred Cain, I'll attest to the quality of the build and the functionality of it considering I haven't had it long. It really makes short work of tilling up my old food plots and feels more like "farming" than using a rototiller. Everything Attachments has a couple videos of the new units. What those don't show in action, and what is the real value of this set up, is the heavy springs that hold the shank down but when you hit something it has enough give to avoid breaking something. In working over previously rototilled ground I've pulled up rocks the size of a small collie that would have killed my tiller but they just rolled up out of the ground using this device. If you have a very large garden or are planting 1/2 acre or more food plots this would be a good tool for you. Also it did a nice job on my fire break paths. I'll probably get some of the sweeps eventually just for more fun.

/ Identify this Field Cultivator if You Can. #25  
For anyone in Florida or South Georgia, this $525 Field Cultivator has been on Craig's List/Gainesville, Florida, for two months:

LINK: FIELD CULTIVATOR

/ Identify this Field Cultivator if You Can. #26  
After getting all the good info here and looking at some Fred Cain images and on-line parts diagrams I've concluded that it probably is a Fred Cain unit. Probably a very early version given its condition. There are a few differences, but those are minor...the parts diagram shows a bushing in the shank and mine doesn't have bushings, at least on the one I took off. It's 80 inches wide, not 87 but that could be a manufacturing change that occurred in later models. But everything else looks he same, so that's going to be my paint scheme. Red and Black. But maybe Ford blue to match the tractor.

Assuming it is a Fred Cain, I'll attest to the quality of the build and the functionality of it considering I haven't had it long. It really makes short work of tilling up my old food plots and feels more like "farming" than using a rototiller. Everything Attachments has a couple videos of the new units. What those don't show in action, and what is the real value of this set up, is the heavy springs that hold the shank down but when you hit something it has enough give to avoid breaking something. In working over previously rototilled ground I've pulled up rocks the size of a small collie that would have killed my tiller but they just rolled up out of the ground using this device. If you have a very large garden or are planting 1/2 acre or more food plots this would be a good tool for you. Also it did a nice job on my fire break paths. I'll probably get some of the sweeps eventually just for more fun.

I bought a new 7 shank field cultivator from Ken Sweet, that is made by Darrel Harp Enterprises, of Red Bay, Al.
Ken has not shipped it to me yet, because I will not be at the destination for another month.
I needed shipping, and Ken's shipping prices are very good.