Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #11  
Curious, what is amount billed monthly?

On my old landline the telephone was $11 per month... but the bill was never less than $22 with taxes and fees and surcharges.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #12  
From the AT&T website:

Eligibility: Requires eligible vehicle, eligible aftermarket device and new or existing AT&T wireless account.

How much more will that cost?

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #13  

On my old landline the telephone was $11 per month... but the bill was never less than $22 with taxes and fees and surcharges.

True that, hidden costs can be astounding. I'm on Centurylink at home. They wanted me to up my DSL. Said it was 15$ to go to highest plan available, and you could get a 10$ a month acct credit for going to auto bill pay via cc or checking. Sounds great right? 5$ for more DSL? Wrong. I then asked them to tell me my projected next months bill. That's when it became clear it was a sham offer/ scam. Your bill goes up about 50$ PAST the 10$ account credit. That means over 35$ of taxes n fees on your 15$ upgrade.

Total scam...

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #14  
Tried to purchase a Mobley from ATT online. During the checkout process they required my Social Security #. That was a deal breaker. :thumbdown:

Here is their explanation why they need SSN:

Your Social Security Number is required to make an online purchase at att.com/wireless. Please enter your Social Security number to proceed.

By providing your Social Security Number, you give credit check consent and reporting authorization as follows:

I authorize any person, or consumer or credit reporting agency to provide AT&T with any information it has on me or the entity on whose behalf I make this application. I authorize AT&T to (a) compile this information, (b) disclose my account information including my payment history and confidential information to credit reporting agencies or private credit reporting associations, and (c) periodically obtain and use my credit report and other credit information from any source in connection with AT&T's offering of wireless and other services. I understand that if I fail to fulfill the terms of my credit obligations under this Agreement, AT&T may report my failure to a credit reporting agency.

To learn more about how your personal information is used and securely stored, read our Privacy Policy.

If you would prefer to not disclose your Social Security Number, you may purchase GoPhone online or at an AT&T store.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #16  
Re: Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless

Says you can share on existing data plan, for $10 month or get connected car unlimited plan for $20 month. However,it says "unlimited talk and text plan starts at $20 per month for 300 MB data plus $10 access charge per month" . that's the shared plan. For connected car you get 22GB.

I have to assume they are checking ODB signals to ensure it is in a car.

I will not buy ZTE equipment. This is from mainland china, not Taiwan. Their equipment is questionable...

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #17  
I have a verizon mifi (aka jetpack) that costs me $10 month to share my data plan.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #18  
Tried to purchase a Mobley from ATT online. During the checkout process they required my Social Security #. That was a deal breaker. :thumbdown:

Here is their explanation why they need SSN:

Your Social Security Number is required to make an online purchase at att.com/wireless. Please enter your Social Security number to proceed.

By providing your Social Security Number, you give credit check consent and reporting authorization as follows:

I authorize any person, or consumer or credit reporting agency to provide AT&T with any information it has on me or the entity on whose behalf I make this application. I authorize AT&T to (a) compile this information, (b) disclose my account information including my payment history and confidential information to credit reporting agencies or private credit reporting associations, and (c) periodically obtain and use my credit report and other credit information from any source in connection with AT&T's offering of wireless and other services. I understand that if I fail to fulfill the terms of my credit obligations under this Agreement, AT&T may report my failure to a credit reporting agency.

To learn more about how your personal information is used and securely stored, read our Privacy Policy.

If you would prefer to not disclose your Social Security Number, you may purchase GoPhone online or at an AT&T store.

I ordered one yesterday. The plan was $20. Today it was canceled,said they can't confirm my identity. Have to go to store and show proof of identity.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #19  
I purchased a Mobley today, added to our existing plan. Sign up for autopay and paperless billing and get $5/month credit (that is supposedly only on unlimited plans, which the Mobley is), so it's only going to cost me $15/month. I work from home and need reliable internet. I already have that, but it's 5Mb/s. This should be 50+. I'm excited! :) Plus we can take it with us when we take the RV out.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless

Mine is $23 and change