Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless
From the AT&T website:

Eligibility: Requires eligible vehicle, eligible aftermarket device and new or existing AT&T wireless account.

How much more will that cost?

This isn't pre-paid so if you don't have an att account will have to open one for this one device

Tried to purchase a Mobley from ATT online. During the checkout process they required my Social Security #. That was a deal breaker. :thumbdown:

Here is their explanation why they need SSN:

Your Social Security Number is required to make an online purchase at att.com/wireless. Please enter your Social Security number to proceed.

By providing your Social Security Number, you give credit check consent and reporting authorization as follows:

I authorize any person, or consumer or credit reporting agency to provide AT&T with any information it has on me or the entity on whose behalf I make this application. I authorize AT&T to (a) compile this information, (b) disclose my account information including my payment history and confidential information to credit reporting agencies or private credit reporting associations, and (c) periodically obtain and use my credit report and other credit information from any source in connection with AT&T's offering of wireless and other services. I understand that if I fail to fulfill the terms of my credit obligations under this Agreement, AT&T may report my failure to a credit reporting agency.

To learn more about how your personal information is used and securely stored, read our Privacy Policy.

If you would prefer to not disclose your Social Security Number, you may purchase GoPhone online or at an AT&T store.

Correct this isn't a pre-paid device, its postpaid so does require a credit check to open an account.

I ordered one yesterday. The plan was $20. Today it was canceled,said they can't confirm my identity. Have to go to store and show proof of identity.

That happened to me to but was able to answer some questions over the phone to prove my identity.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #24  
That happened to me to but was able to answer some questions over the phone to prove my identity.
They didn't give me that option.Whom did you call?? Customer service ??

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #25  
Prove identity?

WTF?

I've never heard of such.. and we use verizon hotspots at work.

Prove identity?

WTF?

I've never heard of such.. and we use verizon hotspots at work.

Ya its some fraud prevention thing at&t does, I guess to prevent people from opening accounts in other peoples name

They didn't give me that option.Whom did you call?? Customer service ??

I called the number included in the email sent to me.

This is exact quote from my email.

"We ran into an issue and couldn't complete your order. Please contact us as soon as possible at 866.267.4510 so we can confirm your contact information."

When I called had to answer questions to verify my identity. It was all multiple choice stuff, like which street address did you formally reside, 1st street, pecan st or cottonwood st. , only one will be correct.

But if you don't want to do that over the phone you can always just do in person at an AT&T store or best buy, they just make you show a picture id.

Last edited:
   / Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #28  
Correct this isn't a pre-paid device, its postpaid so does require a credit check to open an account.

Maybe it would benefit ATT if they changed their SSN# requirement to something really radical like this - no SSN# required but when you fail to pay we will close your account. Can you imagine Amazon requiring a "credit check" to open an account! :rotfl:

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #29  
Maybe it would benefit ATT if they changed their SSN# requirement to something really radical like this - no SSN# required but when you fail to pay we will close your account. Can you imagine Amazon requiring a "credit check" to open an account! :rotfl:

How often does Amazon send you something before you pay for it? Exactly.

For those wanting to sign up for this, I went through Ebates when I purchased and got $150 back through Ebates. Add to that my $5/month credit on my bill, and it makes it a great deal! Basically, that means for 2 years of service, this thing is only going to cost me $275. Can't beat that for high speed unlimited internet that you can take with you!

If you aren't aware of what Ebates is, you get cash back for shopping online. You just use their link when purchasing and voila! Usually it's between 1% and 10% of purchase price, however places like AT&T have special deals for contracts and such. Click Here to check it out and sign up.

PS, yes, that is my referral link. If you sign up through another person, you both get credits for that too. I've 'earned' over $225 just for doing what I normally do.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #30  
How often does Amazon send you something before you pay for it? Exactly.

For those wanting to sign up for this, I went through Ebates when I purchased and got $150 back through Ebates. Add to that my $5/month credit on my bill, and it makes it a great deal! Basically, that means for 2 years of service, this thing is only going to cost me $275. Can't beat that for high speed unlimited internet that you can take with you!

If you aren't aware of what Ebates is, you get cash back for shopping online. You just use their link when purchasing and voila! Usually it's between 1% and 10% of purchase price, however places like AT&T have special deals for contracts and such. Click Here to check it out and sign up.

PS, yes, that is my referral link. If you sign up through another person, you both get credits for that too. I've 'earned' over $225 just for doing what I normally do.

You are not getting anything for "free"...they (ebates) is making money selling your personal information...they are making more money than they are paying you...there is no such thing as a free lunch...