KUBOTA L3800 log trailer sizing

/ KUBOTA L3800 log trailer sizing
Thanks Pekan,

Yes I checked them, very nice products. Also FLPH.

God your setup looks nice !! Is it where you live full time or a part time property ?

My wife loves those cedar fences....

/ KUBOTA L3800 log trailer sizing #22  
Yeah it's our full time property , lot's of maintenance and work but we like it.....:thumbsup::cool2:

Finally, pulled the trigger. Farmi 351 set to arrive tomorrow morning !

Thanks all for yours very good advices.

Regards

/ KUBOTA L3800 log trailer sizing #25  
Finally, pulled the trigger. Farmi 351 set to arrive tomorrow morning !

Thanks all for yours very good advices.

Regards

Congrats!! You're gonna love that thing.

Of course we're gonna need to see some pictures...

/ KUBOTA L3800 log trailer sizing #26  
That Farmi 351 will make a good match for your tractor. I have a NH TC33D the bare weight is similar to yours, with the filled rear tires (adds about 600#), Loader, logging winch, belly pan, limb risers and FOPS (falling object protection), I'm probably close to 4500#. I have a Uniforest 35E, which has specs about identical to the Farmi 351. It's a good match for my tractor.

You will not regret getting the winch, though tit takes a while to develop a work pattern that makes the most of it. One thing you should really consider is getting a self-releasing snatch block. They aren't cheap ($300+), but they greatly increase the utility of your winch by letting you pull around corners, rather than having to have everything in a straight line.

Are you getting logs for firewood, or for sawlogs (or both?)

Hi,

I am getting logs for sawmill, firewood, sugarshack and sugarbush management.

I'm officially taking my membership in the " how can i handled things without it before" club...

Efficient and back saving !!!

/ KUBOTA L3800 log trailer sizing #28  
I am getting logs for sawmill, firewood, sugarshack and sugarbush management.

I'm officially taking my membership in the " how can i handled things without it before" club...

Efficient and back saving !!!

If you haven't already found it, you might want to check out the Forestry Forum. It's a very well run site dedicated to Forestry, logging, sawyering (is that a word?), chainsaws, etc. It's sort of the "TractorByNet" of forest management and logging related topics. (I've tried a few other similar sites, but bailed out on them: too many people trying to "out-macho" each other, personal attacks, etc. You don't see that on the FF.)

/ KUBOTA L3800 log trailer sizing #29  
Hope you get to put a 2" receiver on it for added usefulness. I'll get a couple pix of my log trailer setup and post later.
Nice winch - good choice.
Jim

Hi neighbour i have a Kioti CK35 and 3001 Igland winch and work pretty good. I have about the same size of tree on my wood lot . Igland winch is very simple to work with and easy to replace cable and pulling pads if needed. Do some little modification on it like a chain saw holder , trailer hitch, top pulley and if you buy a winch make sure you made you a self release pulley or buy one work very well and save you some precious time and step.... Now for your log loader and trailer am looking for one right now have a lot of guys around here who have that kind of set up for there sugar house and they love it..... do you check metavic and woody company in Quebec very nice log loader and trailer...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 505560

View attachment 505561

View attachment 505562

View attachment 505563

View attachment 505565

View attachment 505559

What size of trailer are you looking at ? I tend to agree the smaller ones are too small but i fear the 12 feet, 2000 + pounders, may be too big for my tractor ?

In fact i'm getting mixted opinion on that.