New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks.

/ New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks. #11  
Buddy who knows far better than me said get the quick attach forks, he said the ones that clamp on the bucket are way to far out and really kill your lifting capacity and with a smaller machine and Loader I need all the capacity I can get. So those are expensive, lol.
Then I could go with a bolt on tooth bar, but I still need to decide if a tooth bar is going to help a lot or if I just need more operating time and practice.

Exactly, especially on a baby SCUT. I had the same problem, so I cut the clamp on pallet forks off to about 1/3 their original length. It still limits the bucket's lifting ability, but really makes cutting firewood easier. And yes, it was a shame to have to butcher the forks, but the result is well worth it. Now the machine can work within its limits and accomplish even more tasks than before.

/ New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks. #12  
   / New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks. #13  
if you want a cheap pair of forks you could always use a couple of 2x4's and bolt them together around your bucket i did this for carrying 8' long telephone pole fence posts. I was able to carry 3 at a time. There was a thread awhile back that describes it http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...rprisingly-good.html?highlight=homemade+forks

Rust

You can buy a set of 3PT forks for under $200, that will carry a much more weight than your loader, and you will not risk bending the lip of your bucket.
Titan, and Agri Supply both sell the 3PT forks.

/ New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks. #14  
Got my forks from Titan
Can see thru them and free shipping and no tax
They sell on eBay with free shipping no tax also

some people burn a hole in end of fork to install a trailer ball
Titan had a bolt on ball that works great, So easy to move trailer with it in front of tractor

Ball for forks

Forks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 7.03.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 7.03.41 AM.png
    274.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 7.04.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 7.04.27 AM.png
    362.7 KB · Views: 70
   / New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks.
Thanks for all the ideas fellas, I have a lot to think about and some research to do.

/ New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks. #16  
I use pallet forks to move logs, but a grapple would be better and is on my wish list!

/ New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks.
IMG_1262.JPG

Oh and here she is, i know it's still a little CUT but it's a big jump over my SCUT 2305.

Thanks everyone.

/ New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks. #18  
When it comes to a tooth bar my though was I can see between the teeth and get a better idea of where the bucket is in reference to the log.
I think the few inches of tooth extensions may help me roll some of them in the bucket and may help me pierce my pile when loading splits vs the straight edge at times can just push the pile a bit.

You are correct above, it will help digging into a pile of cut rounds better and some with scooping them up.

/ New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks. #19  
Some time down the road you could add a hydraulic thumb to your forks. Not a grapple but handy for brush or logs.
Jim

/ New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks. #20  
Some time down the road you could add a hydraulic thumb to your forks. Not a grapple but handy for brush or logs.
Jim

The mfg that built MY forks and grapple, calls THEIRS a grapple,

standard.jpg

The combo is so much more versatile than a dedicated grapple, I wouldn't trade it for ANY dedicated grapple I've ever used or even seen!

SR