New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks.

/ New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks. #21  
I ended up putting a Sundown GR40 Forestry Grapple on my NH TC33D which is in the same ballpark as your JD 3032E. (I have the Woods Model 1012 loader, rather than New Holland's standard 7308 loader.) The grapple cost about $1500 or $1600 (I run it off some hoses run up from one of my rear remotes).

Now that I have it, I don't know how I got along for so long without it. The combination of that grapple with the logging winch on the back is a great one.

Tractor in logging mode.jpg

I'm still looking for a good upgrade from my old home-built trailer: would like to find something that works well as a log trailer, but can also be used as a dump trailer. Unfortunately, the options I've found so far are either too light-duty for my needs (Woodland Mills Woodsman or DR Products Versa Trailer), or beyond my budget (hydraulic self loading logging trailers)

/ New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks. #22  
The mfg that built MY forks and grapple, calls THEIRS a grapple.

The combo is so much more versatile than a dedicated grapple, I wouldn't trade it for ANY dedicated grapple I've ever used or even seen!

SR

Rob - How does that combination work for brush? I need to get something for my Versatile 150 and while this looks handy to have pallet forks on as well as grapple to grab things I was thinking a regular grapple would be a lot more effective in cleaning up brush I have cut.

/ New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks. #23  
Works great!

standard.jpg

I can pick up piles or just drive along with the forks sliding on the ground, letting the brush slide over the forks, piling up in them...

Every once in a while, I can stop, close the grapple to condense the brush, open the grapple back up and pile more on...

SR

/ New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks. #24  
Works great!

standard.jpg

I can pick up piles or just drive along with the forks sliding on the ground, letting the brush slide over the forks, piling up in them...

Every once in a while, I can stop, close the grapple to condense the brush, open the grapple back up and pile more on...

SR

thanks! Looks good. Who made it?

/ New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks. #25  
ALO made the loader, forks and grapple...

standard.jpg

SR

/ New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks. #26  
Looks like a Massey to me!

Actually I looked up ALO and watched a Youtube video of its factory and then right behind it was a Massey Ferguson video but it was exactly the same. Obviously Agco bought ALO as they bought so many others.

/ New to me firewood tractor need some advice, thanks. #27  
I don't think Agco owns ALO, it's just that ALO makes most of the loaders for Agco, Massey, CIH, NH and many others, as THOSE brands "factory" loaders...

ALO's are a very well designed, strong loader...

SR