Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday!

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday! #1  

Soldier415

Platinum Member
Tractor
2001 Kubota L3010GST. 2005 Kubota L3430HSTC
After seeing the specs on the new engine and seeing pictures of the new front end last fall I had convinced myself I needed one :D

Then I convinced myself I didn't need one, as I have a 2015 2500HD LTZ crew cab with duramax already.

Happened to cruise the dealer's lot on the way home from the gym and in the back they had a 2017 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ Z71 Custom Sport in summit white with matching color front and rear bumpers with the plastic covers still on the seats. Figured h*ll, i'm already here I may as well test drive one and see if you can really feel the increased power when driving.

The short answer is...my god yes. going to 3/4 throttle from a 10mph rolling start and the tires were starting to spin and engage traction control continuously through 40MPH. 445 HP and 910 Lb-Ft torque stock is pretty impressive.

I figured since it was the last day of the month it was the perfect time to swing a deal.

Got $49k for my trade which was the top value for trade in on KBB in excellent condition. Got supplier price on the new one which brought it down $5k. Payment is $50 less per month than the old one.

If you have been contemplating one of the new GM diesels, I highly recommend test driving one

Obligatory pictures

iR2Z53H.jpg

0knRTF8.jpg

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday! #2  
Nice looking truck! :thumbsup:

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday! #5  
that's a rare one, cab clearance lights, typically I've only seen those on the GMC variant

Anyway, sweet ride, i'm now envious, I miss my old d-max

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday! #6  
( NICE ) now I want one !!!!

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday!
that's a rare one, cab clearance lights, typically I've only seen those on the GMC variant

Anyway, sweet ride, i'm now envious, I miss my old d-max

Really? I have yet to come across a chevy 3/4 or 1 ton without roof marker lamps.

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday! #8  
Nice truck. ***** would be proud that you helped bailout GM. For me, never going to buy a GM car or truck again.

mark

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday! #9  
That's a nice truck, I looked at a 2017 3500 SRW longbed LTZ. Then I saw a 2016 leftover 3500 crew cab/chassis flatbed work truck and I fell in love (plus it was $20K less). The only bells and whistles I miss are steering wheel radio controls and climate control. I've heard others also say the power in the new engine is incredible.

Congrats!

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday! #10  
Pretty truck but, What are "Payments"???
Paid cash for my 2004 Silverado X-cab , $22,5000.00 !!
Already got 104,000 miles on it. It sure racks up fast! :)