Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday!

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday! #11  
The roof lamps are like a $30 option on build your own. I wouldn't get a 3/4 or 1 ton without them personally, but that's just the redneck in me. Around here, there are many more 3/4s sold without them, but usually you can find 1 or 2 on the lot. The 1 tons almost all have them on the lots already.

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday!
Pretty truck but, What are "Payments"???
Paid cash for my 2004 Silverado X-cab , $22,5000.00 !!
Already got 104,000 miles on it. It sure racks up fast! :)

Congrats on shelling out $22k in cash for a vehicle that right now is worth $5k-$6k trade in value :p

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday! #13  
Beautiful looking truck (I'm a RAM guy). So you left for work in one truck and came home in another....is there a CFO in the house that could have taken umbrage? Did you have to sleep on the couch?

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday! #14  
That's a really nice truck but I can't do monthly payments again!. That's like a ball and chain for years I can do without now.

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday! #15  
Really? I have yet to come across a chevy 3/4 or 1 ton without roof marker lamps.

Must be a regional thing, or a 'big city' thing in these parts.

Also, it used to be that if you didn't get the steering wheel controls for radio, you didn't get the "DIC" (Driver Information Center) computer, is that different now? I made that mistake on my D-Max and regretted saving a couple bucks for the entire time I owned it.

Beautiful looking truck (I'm a RAM guy). So you left for work in one truck and came home in another....is there a CFO in the house that could have taken umbrage? Did you have to sleep on the couch?

Even worse, left for the gym in one truck and came back in another :D

I of course called her before shaking hands on the deal. She's driving a 2015 LTZ Tahoe so she's happy

Just saw that the dealer has my old truck listed for $56k. $1k less than i paid for it new 3 years ago.

Also, KBB is annoying. Last week it showed high range for trade in in excellent condition on my truck being $49k. Just checked it today and it lists high range at $51k.

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday! #18  
Just saw that the dealer has my old truck listed for $56k. $1k less than i paid for it new 3 years ago.

Also, KBB is annoying. Last week it showed high range for trade in in excellent condition on my truck being $49k. Just checked it today and it lists high range at $51k.

That can only mean new truck prices are getting ready to climb again. Economy is booming. I guess that's what happens. Everyone wants a piece of the extra disposable income spend.

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday! #19  
Congrats on shelling out $22k in cash for a vehicle that right now is worth $5k-$6k trade in value :p

The way I view a vehicle is what is the dollar to mile ratio including maintence costs.

My Toyota truck was 16k used with 67k on it (paid cash). Less fuel costs, over 10 years, I've put about $3k into including tires.

Right now, I've got 210,000 miles on it, which works out to less than .14 a mile.

Point being some people buy vehicles and run them into the ground:thumbsup:

THAT said, NICE dang truck you got!

/ Brought home a 2017 2500HD with the new duramax diesel yesterday! #20  

Not sure what your point is???
My 1989 Silverado had 240,000 on it when I sold it and it was running great!
I still have a long way to go!!
Just my opinion but I think they are getting STUPID money on new vehicles.
And don't bring up boats! (past hobby) I have become allergic to fiberglass!!!!
The worst thing about getting old is you remember what you paid back when.
I bought a new 1979 Chevy Van special ordered the way I wanted it and it cost $6000.00.
Too bad wages don't increase like inflation does.