Backhoe Pin

/ Backhoe Pin #1  

blb078

Silver Member
Tractor
LS 4150HC
Any ideas where I can find a pin like this. It's 6 1/8" x 1 3/16". It goes on the hydraulic cylinder that runs from the boom to the stick on my LS tractor backhoe.
20170805_203145.jpg

/ Backhoe Pin #2  
I assume it is not available from LS? If not an item you can find, then go to local machine shop. Take that pin with you to a local shop for size and idea on the metal used.

/ Backhoe Pin
I assume it is not available from LS? If not an item you can find, then go to local machine shop. Take that pin with you to a local shop for size and idea on the metal used.

I don't know if it's available form LS or not, it happened this evening and the dealer is closed tomorrow. And this is a small dealer that doesn't sell a lot of backhoes so I'm going to guess they would have to order it which more than likely would take weeks.

/ Backhoe Pin #4  
If time is a problem you can get back together on Monday (temporary at least) by getting a piece of 1 3/16" cold rolled shafting, drill a hole in each end for a lynch pin. LS should have the item in stock somewhere, you just have to wait to get it to you, meanwhile you are still operating. Most pins like that are shafting stock anyway. I keep several common sizes on hand for such contingencies. If you have welding capability just weld a large washer on one end of the pin, wow you have a new one for a lot less than LS will want.

Curious, what happened that you need a pin that large? Hard to shear 1 3/16 stock?

Ron

/ Backhoe Pin
If time is a problem you can get back together on Monday (temporary at least) by getting a piece of 1 3/16" cold rolled shafting, drill a hole in each end for a lynch pin. LS should have the item in stock somewhere, you just have to wait to get it to you, meanwhile you are still operating. Most pins like that are shafting stock anyway. I keep several common sizes on hand for such contingencies. If you have welding capability just weld a large washer on one end of the pin, wow you have a new one for a lot less than LS will want.

Curious, what happened that you need a pin that large? Hard to shear 1 3/16 stock?

Ron

Thanks for the tip. I honestly do not know what happened. I just noticed it today when I was going to use the hoe to dig some holes for plants around the house. Noticed the stick swinging and got down to take a look. The grease zerk is all mangled up, a piece of the stick is dented(not part that matters just a notched area) and part of the cylinder looks a little rough(where the pin goes in). And I honestly can't remember hitting anything that hard from the time I last used the hoe which was a couple weeks ago to dig some trenches to put some drain pipe in from my gutters. And I haven't let anyone use the tractor either. I guess I had to of backed into a tree to something which would be the only thing I could hit around my house but just don't remember it but I would think I would of remember a jolt big enough to do all that, unless 1. at 39 years old my memory is starting to go or 2. I all of the sudden received super human toughness that caused me to not noticed hits like that. I'd to think it's #2 but I stubbed my toe the other day on one of my son's toy's and felt like calling 911 and writing to the governor to declare a state of emergency.

/ Backhoe Pin #6  
The pin in the picture looks ok. Am I missing something?

/ Backhoe Pin
The pin in the picture looks ok. Am I missing something?

That's another pin of the backhoe that would be the same size. I just took it off to go up to a few supply stores to see if they had something close to it or the same. The actual pin I do not know where it's at. Somewhere around my house.

/ Backhoe Pin #8  
You'll find it with the mower no doubt!:eek:

Surely it's likely to be a metric dimensioned item being from S.Korea?

Interesting terminology (to me) - What is the "Stick" ? :confused: