Parts availability issues with JD

/ Parts availability issues with JD #21  
Phillip.. shows you don't know John Deere.. just sayin...

/ Parts availability issues with JD #22  
I think only the big tractors (100 hp or more) are built in the USA. All the small tractors as far as I know are built over seas.

You think wrong. :toiletpaper:

/ Parts availability issues with JD #23  
You think wrong. :toiletpaper:
Well do your homework, check the internet. The are no tractors under 100 hp manufacture in the USA anymore. Everything is manufactures over seas. Power trains and all. Think about it. How does a yanmar engine end up in a John Deere tractor. Why are all the nuts and bolts metric? USA used sae not metric. Hate to spoil your party, but John Deere tractors are manufactured over seas. They do have a few assembly plants in usa. But they are assembled here not manufactured.
I think only the big tractors (100 hp or more) are built in the USA. All the small tractors as far as I know are built over seas.

Phillip.. shows you don't know John Deere.. just sayin...

/ Parts availability issues with JD #24  
Won't belabor this long, but Phillip's party is spoiled rotten, and he needs to do some serious homework.
My 4300 was made in Augusta, GA
Also at that beginning time for the Augusta, GA plant they made the 4200, 4300, 4400, and the 4500 and 4700. Short time later the 5000 series was added to the line and made there.
Parts are made around the world as Deere is an International company, not just USA.

Phillip, go try to spoil some other brand name parties, as you cannot spoil ours :D

/ Parts availability issues with JD #25  
Won't belabor this long, but Phillip's party is spoiled rotten, and he needs to do some serious homework.
My 4300 was made in Augusta, GA
Also at that beginning time for the Augusta, GA plant they made the 4200, 4300, 4400, and the 4500 and 4700. Short time later the 5000 series was added to the line and made there.
Parts are made around the world as Deere is an International company, not just USA.

Phillip, go try to spoil some other brand name parties, as you cannot spoil ours :D
I wirked in manufacturing, the is a big difference between assembled here and manufactured here. Just got done helping my father with his 4100. Yanmar (japan) engine and all metric. It may be assembled here, but not manufactured here. Manufacturing means you build it from raw material not parts made in Japan. I won't challenge that they are not assembled here.
Well do your homework, check the internet. The are no tractors under 100 hp manufacture in the USA anymore. Everything is manufactures over seas. Power trains and all. Think about it. How does a yanmar engine end up in a John Deere tractor. Why are all the nuts and bolts metric? USA used sae not metric. Hate to spoil your party, but John Deere tractors are manufactured over seas. They do have a few assembly plants in usa. But they are assembled here not manufactured.

/ Parts availability issues with JD #26  
Metric nuts bolts means nothing about USA or outside.. Deere changed many years ago when the US Govt was making noises about everything changing to metric. Most did not.. Need to get your head on straight Phillip.. You can't make up your own rules as to what is and what isn't.

/ Parts availability issues with JD #28  
I wirked in manufacturing, the is a big difference between assembled here and manufactured here. Just got done helping my father with his 4100. Yanmar (japan) engine and all metric. It may be assembled here, but not manufactured here. Manufacturing means you build it from raw material not parts made in Japan. I won't challenge that they are not assembled here.

Reminds me of the 451 (Cleveland) or the 451 (Windsor) engines. Crikey mate, get over yourself.

My 4105 (with the YANMAR donk) is from the US. My 300CX FEL is from Mexico and I bought it here in Australia. It's an international world and market. Which is another reason that everything on my JD is in metric... because the number of countries who still use Imperial you can count on one hand.

So, having "wirked in manufacturing", you should know that it's ludicrous to build tractors exclusively in Imperial for the US market when the rest of the world is metric.

/ Parts availability issues with JD #29  
Even the British, (who invented Feet & Inches and Whitworth) have abandoned all for the global Metric system.

But, dear Phillip, it's you who needs to get out a bit more. See the world. Talk to people of greater enlightenment...

Do you really think Americans are incapable of 'making' a metric nut or bolt? That they only have "Imperial-sized" tools?? You do your fellow countrymen a great disservice. The folk at Deere are way ahead of you and embraced the Metric fasteners a long time ago when they realised the market outside USA was bigger than the market inside. They do not want to sell to narrow-minded myopics who only have fractional-inch tools and an adjustable wrench in their toolbox. For JD the future was metrication and they have been proven correct. Your local Snap-on truck carries Metric tools...

Look at Toro in the Turf area ("Made in America") - Ask any Golf Course Tech and he will tell you he has to have inch & metric spanners. Inch to mess with the mainframe and metric to work on the engine. (Kawasaki, Subaru, Robin, Peugeot, Kubota, B&S Vangard, Daihatsu & Honda)They use all these engines. Many made in USA - ALL made with metric fasteners & dimensions.

Got a Stihl or Echo chainsaw? You've got a Metric machine. Honda, BMW, VW, Mercedes, Audi... car?? Metric.

Deere are making combine harvesters in Russia and tractors in Germany and France and India. All using the Metric fasteners.

The world (outside Phillipsville) is Metric. America (outside Phillipsville) is getting there. You, sir, are holding your people back. But good luck to you.

/ Parts availability issues with JD #30  
Spanner, Mate...
OMG-2.jpg