TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,871  
Managed to get my hands on one of Sig's limited run "We The People" 1911s

1911-wtp-right.jpg

1911-wtp.jpg

Oooooo, I like those grips.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,872  
Well, what WAS the damage?, so we can drool a little harder...

The price ended up being for two guns,, so, the exact price of the AR is your guess is as good as mine,,

I paid $400 for the AR and this Ruger 2245 pistol,,,
How would you divide the money??

I figure about $200 each.

Attachments

• 2245.jpg
    2245.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 97
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,873  
I was gonna build one, then,, I decided to get a used one from a gun show.
I walked around until I found a guy with a "beater",, perfect to start with!!
I heard what a gun dealer offered him (literally almost nothing!!), then I told him I was interested.
He was a motivated seller,, he wanted the cash to buy a new 10/22,,,

I paid a ridiculous low price, everything was there,, a half dozen mags,, and a 22LR adapter with 2 mags,,,

zombie%20defender_zpso6gdpwgi.jpg

I have had it WAY over a year,, and it is flawless,, and accurate.
Used guns like this bring VERY little.

Just a heads up, the sights are on backwards...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,874  
The price ended up being for two guns,, so, the exact price of the AR is your guess is as good as mine,,

I paid $400 for the AR and this Ruger 2245 pistol,,,
How would you divide the money??

I figure about $200 each.

Good deal.

I love my "gold" 22/45, but for some reason, always have to take a minute and review how to put the dang thing back together again:laughing:

ruger.png

I'm dying to get a newer model that is easier to strip, but have a sub 9 can on order and will have to wait.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,875  
Here is a good way to eliminate the hassle of assembling the Ruger auto pistols - makes them almost as easy as the new models: Ruger Speed Strip

Speed Strip Kit

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,876  
Finally finished building my AK's. Ones a Polish 47 and the other is a Bulgarian 74. Started on them on the weekend of the 4th of July. Actually started working on the wood on the 47 back in October 2015 and spent a lot of time restoring it from it's worn, cosmoline soaked state. Building an AK is a totally different animal than building an AR. I was worried when I parkerized them that they might not turn out good but I'm pretty happy with the results.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME
#1,877  
Good deal.

I love my "gold" 22/45, but for some reason, always have to take a minute and review how to put the dang thing back together again:laughing:

View attachment 525021

I'm dying to get a newer model that is easier to strip, but have a sub 9 can on order and will have to wait.
MkIV Guys! I promise you will you will fall in love. Eyes closed and you can strip and reassemble in seconds. I’m in the market for another one.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,878  
MkIV Guys! I promise you will you will fall in love. Eyes closed and you can strip and reassemble in seconds. I’m in the market for another one.

You have to wonder why ole Bill Ruger didn't do it that way back in '49?

Of course if you compare a MK1 Ruger in 1949 to one of its current rivals the Colt Woodsman, putting the Ruger back together compared to the Colt is child's play. I never could put the Woodsman back together without a detailed book, each and every time, and it was a PITA, each and every time. At least for me.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,879  

Of course if you compare a MK1 Ruger in 1949 to one of its current rivals the Colt Woodsman, putting the Ruger back together compared to the Colt is child's play. I never could put the Woodsman back together without a detailed book, each and every time, and it was a PITA, each and every time. At least for me.

Yeah, agree with the Colt Woodsman!

I had one...just sold it, in fact. Nice gun, but what a PITA to take down and reassemble.
I actually had the original box and instructions and they went with the gun when it was sold.
Bought this gun from an ex-BIL back in the 1980's. The gun was 20-30 years old then. Paid about $150.00, sold it for $800.00

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,880  

Probably because it was about making them cheap. Bill was all about the "better mousetrap". Doing what others did cheaper and faster than they could. That's how he got his start.