Yanmar YM2220D question to tire and lift capacity

/ Yanmar YM2220D question to tire and lift capacity #11  
I'm gonna go find my ym240 factory device manual in a bit. I am curious now for myself.

Edit: I found my manual it does state 1430lbs lift. But I bet that is at the end of the arms , the vertices ones where they connect to the lower arms. It it's at the lift eyes it would literally be right between the arms and eyes. You put that weight much beyond that and it drops drastically. Like I said my 700 pound finish mower makes the front of my tractor very light and I have 160 pounds or so of ballast on my front bumper.

/ Yanmar YM2220D question to tire and lift capacity #12  
Those numbers sound very optimistic.

I can pull my backhoe in pretty close to the YM240 (YM2000) if I turn the boom to the side. Its manual says it weighs 750 lbs.

I can barely lift it without squealing the overload bypass, and sometimes have to help lift it clear to the top by using its boom. Driving around, bounces will squeal the bypass. I'm clearly carrying maximum weight the YM240 was designed for.

I think so to.

FIL has a 2310 and given a 6 foot tandem disc for free.
He gave it to me because his 2310 would not lift it. I doubt it weighs 700 lbs.
He does have a 3 point snow blower and it lifts that just fine.

/ Yanmar YM2220D question to tire and lift capacity #13  
Info out of Yanmar manuals, again, I am not sure about the 2210. Descriptions of numbers are in Japanese. 1st picture out of 240 parts manual, 2nd picture out of 276 service manual, 3rd picture out of 2210 parts manual. I agree the weights seem heavy but for what it's worth this is Yanmars specs, not mine.

Attachments

• yanmar 3 point lift 001.JPG
    yanmar 3 point lift 001.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
  • yanmar 3 point lift 002.JPG
    yanmar 3 point lift 002.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
  • yanmar 3 point lift 003.JPG
    yanmar 3 point lift 003.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
   / Yanmar YM2220D question to tire and lift capacity #14  
"Like I said my 700 pound finish mower makes the front of my tractor very light and I have 160 pounds or so of ballast on my front bumper."

Agree! I'm 611 Lbs. with my chain shielding and I can easily lift it with no problems or strain. I don't have that much front weight about half of your 160 for sure. Somethings wrong with the 2310 if it won't lift 700Lbs. IMO.. I can drive down my Gravel Rd. with it lifted and don't hear anything from my relief valve. Even with my Beast of a BH. it would be very seldom if ever lifted all the way and moving. With either mower attached and traveling I leave the Rear Wheel/Wheels on the ground and just lift the front. Then you hardly know if either one is attached and I can run in 8th. gear easily with no problems what so ever. Wouldn't know they're back there if it wasn't for the sound.

/ Yanmar YM2220D question to tire and lift capacity #15  
Info out of Yanmar manuals, again, I am not sure about the 2210. Descriptions of numbers are in Japanese. 1st picture out of 240 parts manual, 2nd picture out of 276 service manual, 3rd picture out of 2210 parts manual. I agree the weights seem heavy but for what it's worth this is Yanmars specs, not mine.
yea I looked at my Shop manual. Its a Yanmar Printed shop or service manual in English for the YM 240/YM 2000 which is a tad smaller than the tractor discussed but it does confirm what you said Winston. Just seems really high to me. That would be right at the lift arms with the vertical arms in the furthest back or closest to the tractor holes, which means it wont lift as high but the 3pt will have better leverage on the arms.

As for the disk. My disk probably weights 500 or so pounds and I stack over a hundred on top. It feels a whole lot heavier and lifts my front almost off the ground even with the front weight but that's because it hangs so far off the back and gets leverage over the tractor that way.

/ Yanmar YM2220D question to tire and lift capacity #16  
I wonder if those figures are measured at the ends of the hydraulic arms, rating the lift applied to the vertical shafts. Since many of the Yanmars sold in Japan included the close-mount semi-permanent tiller, their rating might have been measured that way.

I don't doubt those numbers are in the printed literature but I doubt a standardized test (I think measured 24" beyond the end of the lower arms) would match the printed figures.

/ Yanmar YM2220D question to tire and lift capacity #17  
"Like I said my 700 pound finish mower makes the front of my tractor very light and I have 160 pounds or so of ballast on my front bumper."

Agree! I'm 611 Lbs. with my chain shielding and I can easily lift it with no problems or strain. I don't have that much front weight about half of your 160 for sure. Somethings wrong with the 2310 if it won't lift 700Lbs. IMO.. I can drive down my Gravel Rd. with it lifted and don't hear anything from my relief valve. Even with my Beast of a BH. it would be very seldom if ever lifted all the way and moving. With either mower attached and traveling I leave the Rear Wheel/Wheels on the ground and just lift the front. Then you hardly know if either one is attached and I can run in 8th. gear easily with no problems what so ever. Wouldn't know they're back there if it wasn't for the sound.

Somethings wrong with the 2310 if it won't lift 700Lbs. IMO..

Well, i will admit I don't know the discs actual weight.

Front end lifting was not the problem (has an Allied FEL) for front axle weight.
Maybe it has more to do with the leverage applied because of the discs length?

As I said the 2310 has no problem with a 3 point snow blower He also successfully uses a seeder and rear blade.

attached is a pic of the disc in question, None of the added weight was on the disc when trying to lift it with the 2310.

Maybe the relief pressure is set to low on the 3 point?

To the OP does the 800lb. forestry winch also lift the front of the attached winched in log with the 3 point when transporting If so it may lift the winch itself OK, but how much extra will be left to lift the additional weight of the log?
Can you trailer the tractor over and mount up the winch and try it with a log- that might be your best option to be sure it will lift the winch.

Attachments

• discing 006.JPG
    discing 006.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 156
Last edited:
   / Yanmar YM2220D question to tire and lift capacity #18  
I agree with Cal. So far back. Those Disk Weights are way back. My top link has a pivot that doesn't start to tighten and lift on how you Adj. it. I never actually lift my Implements. level. So that helps. Hoye gives you 6 more Eng. Hp. than my 2000. That gave me the suspicion of something may be not right. The first thing that came to mind was if your Lift arms are actually lifting all the way up. I can set my Height by this Adj. on my 3Pt. and may not be lifting high enough were it's set. If you have the Adj.? It's to the far left by the Fender.....
Just had a good laugh also. Clemsonfor!! You see the green paint were I easily wiped the dirt away. It will get it washed in a couple of days now the mowing season is over. And I just fixed my pressure washer.. I'll post picks to prove it when I do.

Attachments

• 100_5960.JPG
    100_5960.JPG
    981.4 KB · Views: 209
   / Yanmar YM2220D question to tire and lift capacity #19  
yep and that's for sure yanmar green unlike that more flat offish color green mine is painted. The yanmar has a metallic look in it to me?

/ Yanmar YM2220D question to tire and lift capacity #20  
I went and looked at the 1975 Nebraska Tractor Test - YM240 (pdf) [a 'Consumer Reports type lab test] but they didn't measure lift.

One thing they did document is Hi range first gear is lower than Lo range 4th, something we have subjectively felt.

Also they observed 210 degrees coolant temperature in their full load 2 hour test.

There's lots of interesting data in that report.