What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #172  
Bought the box dirt cheap at a Ritchie auction. Bought a 12 Ton HORST undercarriage and friends who are good at such things built the frame to my wishes.

The box seems small, but really, loaded, it's about all the tractor wants to pull.

Great thing is, you can pretty much drive it up onto a stone fence line, rather than dumping in front of it.

The height can be a bit of a pain for loader and especially backhoe..

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #173  
I have seen some people drill a hole through one of the fork tips, add a hitchball, and then move trailers and equipment around.

Xfaxman's top photo looks like the more reliable, heavier lift solution for this though. (love it)

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?
I have seen some people drill a hole through one of the fork tips, add a hitchball, and then move trailers and equipment around.

Xfaxman's top photo looks like the more reliable, heavier lift solution for this though. (love it)

I am very tempted to do that.
I've also seen a ball welded to a plate that just clamped to the fork. It worked just as well and no hole.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #175  
I made up a few eye bolts with grab hooks and home made wing nuts that go in the holes drilled in the fork. They get used all the time and there is never that danger of the chain slipping. You can see one in the sat dish picture.

For what it's worth, nothing and I mean nothing is as slippery as something made of steel sitting on your forks.

As far as the hitch goes. I have a piece of tubing with a pin, that again goes in the hole drilled in the fork. There are various set screws that made the tube somewhat tighter on the fork. Then there is a 2" receiver so I can change ball sizes or use a pintle. Quick and easy!

DSC03611.JPG

With pintle. This would have been much more difficult backing up with a traditional hitch.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #176  
I've got holes cut in all of my forks. A pin in the hole makes lifting with a chain a lot safer. IMG_0096.JPG

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #177  

Do you mean the receiver hitch on the brush fork frame?

P8080006.JPG

View from the seat, lined up:

P8080008.JPG

Coupled:

P8080009.JPG

Don't need to raise the jack to move the traler:

P8080010.JPG

Very maneuverable:

P8080016.JPG

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #178  
I kinda like my trailer ball on the end of the fork. I can get my wood splitter out of a pile of splits without moving them.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #179  
The only drawback with carrying a trailer this way is that is is really easy to bend your parking stand in varying terrain if you are too lazy (like me) to mess with it.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #180  
Pick up and move my deer blind from next to my shop, up my driveway, down the hill and then get it set. I had to use my neighbor and his larger Kubota M8560 with forks since I "dumbly" made the blind too heavy for my L4330.

It took both our tractors to lift it high enough to get the poles underneath it.

IMG_20171030_145806797 (Large).jpgIMG_20171030_164431666 (Large).jpgIMG_20171028_133147589 (Large).jpgIMG_20171028_124425948_HDR (Large).jpgIMG_20171028_132004658 (Large).jpgIMG_20171011_131815525 (Large).jpg