LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #231  
I have the same tractor as you. The new holland workmaster 40 tier 4 engine is the same engine as the LS so I looked up the oil filter part number. It is MT40006986. I ordered it from Messicks $17+shipping. It is a blue filter manufactured in South Korea. Wix showed the hydraulic filter as Wix 51715. I think I paid $37 for it off ebay. I think Wixes filter lookup also shows the air and fuel filter. There was hardly any cross reference information available on the filters since this engine is so new. Hope this helps.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #232  
Getting ready to do my next scheduled maintenance on my XG3037 and here is what I will be using:
Oil Filter: WIX 5700 (Amazon $20.86)
Pre-Fuel Filter: NH MT40279917 (Local Dealer $20.00)
Fuel Filter: WIX 33138 (Amazon $23.07)
Inner and Outer Air Filter: Inner WIX 42985, Outer WIX 46438. (Bought as combo on Amazon for $40.40)
Hydraulic Filter: WIX 51715 (Amazon $48.36)
Oil: Travelers 15W-40 All Fleet Diesel Oil (TSC $7.50 per gal on sale...will buy 2 gals)
Total for these parts will be approx. $168.67. Already have hydraulic oil on hand (QP Universal Hydraulic and Transmission Fluid JD J20A, 303). All WIX and NH parts have been cross-referenced.

Last edited:
   / LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #233  
Are the oil and hyd filters the same for the tier III and tier IV XG3025? Both engines are S3L2.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #234  
I am not completely sure, but the WIX cross reference lists only one filter for oil (57040) and one for hydraulics (51715) for that engine model. Personally, I don't think the Tier model makes any difference, but you might want to reach out to your local dealer to be sure.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #235  
Complete line-up of filters for my XG3037.
20171025_210500.jpg

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #237  
Thanks, Irishboomer!

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #238  
Finished the 250-hour service on my XG3037 today and decided to make a few notes:
*All of the WIX filters (oil, inner air, outer air, main fuel, and hydraulic) fit perfectly. The hydraulic filter was slightly shorter than the original but otherwise fit.
*The original inner air filter was very clean even after 250 hours of service....not a speck of dirt or dust. Probably did not need to change it, but did anyway. The outer filter obviously did it's job.
*The oil drain plug required a 17mm socket.
*Had to use a strap wrench on the hydraulic filter..tough spot and large diameter. Will definitely try the vacuum trick the next time....lost about a qt of fluid while changing the filter.
*Did the work in this order; air filters, pre-fuel filter, drained oil, oil filter, filled with oil, main fuel filter, hydraulic filter, all the rest.
*The oil fill location is in a fairly tight area and required the use of a flexible long fill spout on the oil container.
All in all, I was very pleased with it's serviceability and other than the strap wrench and the long flexible fill spout it didn't require any additional tools other than what I normally use to service my truck.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #239  
Finished the 250-hour service on my XG3037 today and decided to make a few notes:
*All of the WIX filters (oil, inner air, outer air, main fuel, and hydraulic) fit perfectly. The hydraulic filter was slightly shorter than the original but otherwise fit.
*The original inner air filter was very clean even after 250 hours of service....not a speck of dirt or dust. Probably did not need to change it, but did anyway. The outer filter obviously did it's job.
*The oil drain plug required a 17mm socket.
*Had to use a strap wrench on the hydraulic filter..tough spot and large diameter. Will definitely try the vacuum trick the next time....lost about a qt of fluid while changing the filter.
*Did the work in this order; air filters, pre-fuel filter, drained oil, oil filter, filled with oil, main fuel filter, hydraulic filter, all the rest.
*The oil fill location is in a fairly tight area and required the use of a flexible long fill spout on the oil container.
All in all, I was very pleased with it's serviceability and other than the strap wrench and the long flexible fill spout it didn't require any additional tools other than what I normally use to service my truck.

Thanks for your post I’ll be doing my service in the next couple weeks been very informative.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #240  
Thanks, Irishboomer. What filters are you planning on using?