Gun and ammo question

/ Gun and ammo question #51  
I don稚 particularly care if it is a 都cary looking gun. I am after utility of having a good gun I can grab and go. I like the idea of having a 30rd mag and not the 5 you get in a shotgun.

It would mainly be varmit killing but I figure while SWMBO is in the mood to let me buy get something that can help against 2 leg creatures.
No reason to not just get an entry level AR-15 in 5.56 or .223 Wylde if you want. I was never an AR guy, but I finally ran out of reasons to not have one. Easily can get a perfectly good one for $400-500. Palmetto State Armory is fine, and about as cheap as anything else you could buy. Once you get it, you might still want the .22LR, but cross that bridge when you get to it.

/ Gun and ammo question #52  
If not an AR15 in 5.56mm/223, How about an AR15 in 300 Blackout?

/ Gun and ammo question #53  
few years ago I picked up a 22Hornet, better than the 22lr and for around the farm works great

/ Gun and ammo question #54  
Also, they have a shot-spotter system in that side of town. It's microphones that triangulate gunshots within milliseconds. Cops usually respond to within a few yards of the shot within 2 minutes. Quite increadible.
Incredible sales job. Ask the PD, or the politicians who authorized the expenditure how many arrests have resulted.

There are seven systems in Massachusetts and Boston installed it in 2007. AFAIK there is still not a single arrest that has resulted. Interesting data on things like time of day, though.

ShotSpotter National Gunfire Index 216

/ Gun and ammo question #55  
Not really limited...I'm not making any personal claims...but "a lot" of local (like most places) deer have been downed with .22LR and .22wmr...like I said...small rounds are adequate with well placed shots but some shooters should use Curare... :D
Also like many other areas...the buzzard populations increase as soon as archery season opens...

A 22lr in the back of the truck used to be before/after school deer hunting here in florida. By show of hands, who here has had a gym teacher or your coach help you skin a deer at 6am before school? Mind you this was many, many moons ago. ;)

/ Gun and ammo question #56  
   / Gun and ammo question #57  
   / Gun and ammo question #58  
few years ago I picked up a 22Hornet, better than the 22lr and for around the farm works great

if you like a 22 hornet, try a 218 bee.

Of course the .17 calibers are fun, both HMR and WSM flat and 'better' than 22lr.

Anyone remember the 5mm rem mag ? $hard$ to find ammo for.. but neat rifle.

/ Gun and ammo question
if you like a 22 hornet, try a 218 bee.

Of course the .17 calibers are fun, both HMR and WSM flat and 'better' than 22lr.

Anyone remember the 5mm rem mag ? $hard$ to find ammo for.. but neat rifle.

That is one of the reasons I am looking at 223/556. Easy to find ammo for. If the SHTF should still find ammo for it. Odd ball loads you will have even more trouble finding.

/ Gun and ammo question #60  
Incredible sales job. Ask the PD, or the politicians who authorized the expenditure how many arrests have resulted.

There are seven systems in Massachusetts and Boston installed it in 2007. AFAIK there is still not a single arrest that has resulted. Interesting data on things like time of day, though.

ShotSpotter National Gunfire Index 2�16

It's not just the arrests. Something like 90% of gunshots in our town are not reported to police. There's just that many of them. People think its normal. The police used to learn about incidents when gunshot victims started arriving in the ER. Now they get to the scene before the victims (and many times suspects) are able to leave the scene. It's proven its worth in response time here.

In the first month it was installed here, it reported 256 incidents of gunfire, led to the arrest of one and a suspect in another, and led police to two shooting victims. That was just the first month.

Sound sensors help South Bend police track gunfire | Local | southbendtribune.com