Gun and ammo question

/ Gun and ammo question #111  
Just under $500 got me a Complete Bear Creek 6.5 Grendel upper and Palmetto State lower.

Nice unit. I got an Anderson 6.5 Grendel upper for $299and Palmetto State lower for $139! I like the 5,6mm/223 for plinking, and the 5.6mm Grendel for hunting. It really is an excellent cartridge.

/ Gun and ammo question #112  
So are we going to start a GoFundMe account to buy him a 10/22?

A 10/22 is popular and cheap. If you want to trick one out, there are endless aftermarket doodads you can install. Our last gun show, base models were flying out the door at $179. That said, I prefer a pump, and have nothing but good to say about my Remington 572 Fieldmaster. It's a beautiful rifle. They're pretty expensive retail, but I traded for mine, in new condition. I sometimes shoot shorts, and a pump will feed any .22 rf without prejudice.

I recently picked up a Henry Big Boy in .357. It's a sweet rifle, and a 158 gr. JHP is plenty of deer rifle within 100 yards. It's a good brush gun, and very comfortable to shoot. Having a sidearm and a rifle in the same caliber is nice. the 9 mm is a nice round, intermediate between the .38 and .357 in power. I have seen 9 mm rifle loads that push a 124 gr pellet at 1500 fps. .36 caliber is justifiably popular.

I have semi-retired my Marlin 1895, which is also a great brush gun but bucks pretty hard. It is still better for big game.

/ Gun and ammo question #113  
A 10/22 is a great 22lr. They can be inexpensive, but in my opinion, they are not cheap. Many different models to choose from. I have one, well worth the money. Reliable, accurate and feels great when shooting. You will never regret purchasing a quality firearm. Just make sure you store it safely under lock, weather keyed, combination or fingerprint mode.

/ Gun and ammo question #114  
A 10/22 is a great 22lr. They can be inexpensive, but in my opinion, they are not cheap. Many different models to choose from. I have one, well worth the money. Reliable, accurate and feels great when shooting. You will never regret purchasing a quality firearm. Just make sure you store it safely under lock, weather keyed, combination or fingerprint mode.

Yeah, they are an OK .22, a little noisy but reliable enough if all you shoot is .22 LR. Bi-Mart has them on sale for $189.97 with a spare magazine.