50 hr service

/ 50 hr service #1  

Zippster

Tractor
Cabelas LM36
Just recently did my full 50 hr service on my LM36. I was told there was no external transmission filter on this model which is true BUT I didnt find out until after the fact that there is an internal screen that is made to be taken out and cleaned.

I am looking for opinions on if it is absolutely necessary that I now go back and pull that filter to clean seeing as though I'm sure I would have to drain all 9 gallons of hyd fluid again.

Suggestions?

/ 50 hr service #2  
I did the same thing. I was told it had a external filter but they didn't know where it was and I didn't find it till after I got my service manual. I am having no problems with it so am going to wait till problem 200 hours and change it again. The screen really needs to be cleaned at the first oil change but I am going to get some use out of the 100.00 worth of hyd oil. At this point I am in the process of hiring a lawyer to try to get Cabelas to buy the tractor back as they are completely dining any and all warranty. They at this point want let me drop the tractor off to get service or anything. They also are refusing to sell me parts. The guy in service is helping me look up parts so I can buy them from TYM.

/ 50 hr service #3  
Why is Cabelas treating you this way? I hope to take my tractor back this spring to get the lcd display changed because the didn't change it when I had it in. Have they stopped working on all their tractors? Not like they know much about them anyway. :(

change
I did the same thing. I was told it had a external filter but they didn't know where it was and I didn't find it till after I got my service manual. I am having no problems with it so am going to wait till problem 200 hours and change it again. The screen really needs to be cleaned at the first oil change but I am going to get some use out of the 100.00 worth of hyd oil. At this point I am in the process of hiring a lawyer to try to get Cabelas to buy the tractor back as they are completely dining any and all warranty. They at this point want let me drop the tractor off to get service or anything. They also are refusing to sell me parts. The guy in service is helping me look up parts so I can buy them from TYM.

/ 50 hr service #4  
What they are telling me is yes they have completely stopped working on there tractors. Scott showed me the bin that had all there TYM parts in it waiting to be shipped back to corporate. He told me it would have to go to a TYM dealer but they say they can't warranty anything and Smith's Oil in Wilson doesn't even want to look at it. The dash, loader control handle, and the orbital steering valve are totaling almost 2000.00 in repairs that I have had so far. +labor! I have not repaired the orbital steering valve yet. Trying to get a small shed put up so I can take it apart. I will not open the steering valve up till I have some where inside to work on it.

/ 50 hr service #5  
That is bad. I was not planning to buy a Cabelas tractor but was in the store last year Christmas shopping on Dec 23rd and saw they were discounting the tractors by several thousand dollars. So talking to the salesman(doobie) he said they were clearing them all out. I ask him about service and he took me through the service dept and I met Max. They both told me they would still service service and do warranty work on all the tractors. If I knew this was a lie I would never have bought the tractor from them. Billy Smith is mad with me for buying it and said he wouldn't repair it. I guess I could stop making payments if it broke and let them pick it up. :( I am going to call Scott today and get his take on the bad display panel.

/ 50 hr service
Thats strange that you are both having such issues with Cabelas, as I have stated previously, they have been fantastic with any issues I have had including sending someone out to replace my display panel no questions asked.
When I asked them about continuing service of the tractor now that they were out of the business, they said nothing would change as they still run the service department for boats, atvs etc.

I would bypass your local store and start doing some calling and complaining to the corporate level and see what you can get done.

/ 50 hr service #7  
I talked to the service manager today. He said when BPS bought Cabelas they were told to send all parts, filters, etc. back to TYM and will no longer service or do any warranty work. So as it looks I can get any problems through TYM or Mahindra dealers but I will have pay for it. I have no problem fixing small problems myself but a major Hydro or trans issue will be a lot of money. I have two years of warranty left that is worth nothing now. I worry about the normal wear and tear parts that will need replacing like all the plastics that are not the same as the TYM tractor parts. If I had a major expensive breakdown right now I would stop making the $400 a month payment and let them have it. I think at some point someone will sue them over this. Zippster if Your Cabelas is still repairing your tractor they must be taking it upon themselves to do so. Good luck with it.

Thats strange that you are both having such issues with Cabelas, as I have stated previously, they have been fantastic with any issues I have had including sending someone out to replace my display panel no questions asked.
When I asked them about continuing service of the tractor now that they were out of the business, they said nothing would change as they still run the service department for boats, atvs etc.

I would bypass your local store and start doing some calling and complaining to the corporate level and see what you can get done.

/ 50 hr service
While BPS did buy Cabelas, they are not changing the stores to BPS but instead bought the brand of Cabelas not just the real estate. I find it impossible that Cabelas or any other store like it can abandon warranties of things they no longer sell. I was also told that TYM could and would warranty the tractors for the major things like drive train etc.
Either that service manager doesnt know what he's talking about or your Cabelas is completely different then mine.
If they are really going to tell you "oh well, so sorry" then contacting your state attorney generals office could probably get them to change their mind.
As far as parts including plastics, the TYM T354 is the EXACT same as my LM36 except color and some camo vinyl Cabelas added.