Frozen filled tires - how can you tell?

/ Frozen filled tires - how can you tell?
Keep in mind pure water in your tires is sure not going to freeze the first night you get below 32. It will take some time, due to the large mass of fluid. And any sunlight at all on the tires will raise their temp considerably due to "heat soak".

How many times do I have to say it: A week and a half of subfreezing temps, most of them below 20 degrees.

No sunlight since I didn't use the tractor, I never opened that shop door, which is insulated. Plus, it was mostly cloudy.

Something worked or something happened and I'm dang glad it did.

Bottom line is you never just add some RV antifreeze to a large amount of water in your tire. You always use full strength, and that might not be enough depending on the mix and where you live. If you "just add some", you might just have well pixxed in the tire. The results will be about the same. :D

Except it worked - just like my BIL said it would. Funny that.

/ Frozen filled tires - how can you tell? #44  
Except it worked - just like my BIL said it would. Funny that.

FTG, there is only one possible explanation. Your tractor was abducted by aliens,
cosmically weatherproofed and brought back to you.

Clearly you had some good stuff in those tires already.

/ Frozen filled tires - how can you tell? #45  
FTG, there is only one possible explanation. Your tractor was abducted by aliens,

Probably had some methanol in there.

/ Frozen filled tires - how can you tell? #46  
Most of the RV antifreeze I find is Ethanol now.

/ Frozen filled tires - how can you tell? #47  

Another "possible explanation": The OP's BIL is a farmer/industrial chemist, who has thoroughly researched the formulation of RV antifreeze, and has studied it's usage characteristics.

/ Frozen filled tires - how can you tell? #48  
The water left in the tires from the first fill contained some clear AF type that was tasteless as well. The liquid ballast that came out was both clear and tasteless. .

You tasted the fluid in the tires?

Probably had some methanol in there.

Is methanol clear, colorless and tasteless? No salty or sugary, it just tasted like plain water. Obliviously, not know what it was, it was just a very small amount. So far, it doesn't appear to have affected me affected me affected me.

Another "possible explanation": The OP's BIL is a farmer/industrial chemist, who has thoroughly researched the formulation of RV antifreeze, and has studied it's usage characteristics.

Never graduated further than high school. From a Cullman AL high school to boot. Yet, one of the smartest people I know and I've worked with some really smart people while at Boeing for over 32 years.