Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #11  
As an avid skier, I have always gotten heartbreak from the January thaw on the east coast.

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #12  
You know here, South Carolina, we use to say watch for a cold winter following a major hurricane. Not sure that is proven by records but do know it has happened a few times. But a thought hit me this week, as we are setting records for number of days in row for highs and lows think that record is about 15 years or so old. Wow that is a long record! But the thought if Al Gore would come out and tell how we need a large wall on our northern border to prevent the arctic cold from stopping global warming there would be a bunch who would be wildly in favor of building that wall...
I do not claim to be any kind of expert other than common sense and my faith in God...but this world does not remain the exact same as some want to say it does. If it did then why records? We keep records of ball games and say there never will be a higher score and then there is, we say no way will ever be that hot again and then it is. In the scheme of how short of time ball game scores have been played and scores kept or temperatures both are short time, in the time of man.

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #13  
It has never happened before.!:rolleyes:

I'm sure it has, but a swing of 60F is unusual. 30 or 40 F is a lot and would be welcome.

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #14  
Why does anyone checking "Snow Removal" have to be burdened with these trash climate threads??? Would a Moderator please move this over to Rural Living? While I'm on a rant, please bundle the dozen current threads started by east coast people who didn't realize diesel gels when it gets cold into one thread titled "PLEASE, Go buy some white bottle Power Service".

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #15  
I for one am looking forward to the usual January thaw and dreading the February freeze that always seemed to follow it most years.
But it will happen if it does and we'll get through it as we all ways have.

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #16  
In the West chinooks are just plain nice. A good change from the bitter cold.

Things like minus twenty on one side of the street and plus twenty on the other side. Fifty degree temperature changes in just a few hours are not uncommon.

For those who like to Ski try the west coast resorts in March and April. Sunburns galore.

[video]http://www.cbc.ca/2017/whatsyourstory/a-chinook-is-coming-the-first-time-my-dad-experienced-the-warm-wind-phenomenon-1.4327702[/video]

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #17  
-20f That has been our coldest to date this winter and the 90 day forecast says it will only fall below 0F a few more days this winter.

Spring is around the corner! Easy sailing from here on out. We are getting 2-4" tonight but you don't have to bother with it when it is that light.

I remember one January where the daytime temps never got above 0F the entire month!

Rain coming Friday!

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #18  
-20f That has been our coldest to date this winter and the 90 day forecast says it will only fall below 0F a few more days this winter.

Spring is around the corner! Easy sailing from here on out. We are getting 2-4" tonight but you don't have to bother with it when it is that light.

I remember one January where the daytime temps never got above 0F the entire month!

Rain coming Friday!

In 1968 Edmonton was below minus 20 F for almost a month.

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions
Egon,

As you are aware, there is a thread dealing with this subject in Rural Living. If you read the posts here in a snow category, the reception is rather cold, no pun implied. Seeking cooperation from everyone to just let this specific thread quietly melt away, yea, exactly like frosty.

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #20  
It all started when Dad let me rest my hands on his old Snowbird 3 1/2 horse power snowblower, his hands over mine feeling the power and snow blasting out.
That was back in 1966, I still love snowblowing, has a certain tranquility to it.