WalMart Shoplifting

/ WalMart Shoplifting #171  
Shoplifting Statistics -NASP

Its a $50 BILLION cost to the economy: inventory, police and courts.

Any wonder that on-line shopping is popular with companies. Now the credit card loss factor and ID theft will zoom.

/ WalMart Shoplifting #172  
I have a Dodge 2500 Cummins with BFG 295-75-16 without any lift and I couldn't reach the drive up machine. I would pull up and park my truck, get out and walk up to the machine.

/ WalMart Shoplifting #173  
We were at Chili's a while back and my wife wanted a Marguerita and the waitress asked for an ID. Wife said "your kidding?" Waitress said no, manager required them to check ID for all alcoholic purchases. WIFE IS 70 YEARS OLD!!!! I didn't raise a stink with the manager only because we were with some friends. If we were by ourselves, I very likely would have approached the manager and not to politely told him how stupid he was before we walked out.

I'm 72 and still have to show my ID. Where I live most stores that sell liquor have to scan your drivers license for proof. There have been many places that lost their liquor license because the employees were caught selling liquor to minors so now they require all employees to scan your license before they sell you liquor. When they check their sales and find a liquor sale that did not have a scanned ID, that cashier is fired.

/ WalMart Shoplifting #174  
Amazon it THE best place I know of to shop. And I do about 90% of my shopping right there.

Amazon just opened a grocery (brick & mortar. You sign up for a digital account and have a transponder card, walk in, pick up your items, put it back it deletes it, walk out, it charges your account, no cash register. Wave of the future I am sure. Someone will find a way to defeat it though. Ethics and integrity are no longer taught at home, in the schools, or in the churches. I fear for my grand-kids that have been raised right (a couple haven't) as they are now in the minority and pressured to conform to the new millennium.

Ron

/ WalMart Shoplifting #175  
We were at Chili's a while back and my wife wanted a Marguerita and the waitress asked for an ID. Wife said "your kidding?" Waitress said no, manager required them to check ID for all alcoholic purchases. WIFE IS 70 YEARS OLD!!!! I didn't raise a stink with the manager only because we were with some friends. If we were by ourselves, I very likely would have approached the manager and not to politely told him how stupid he was before we walked out.

Here in WA state carding for liquor sales is mandatory for all ages. Just not heavily enforced. Enforcement makes random checks and then everyone is carded for awhile creating all kinds of hate and discontent. I think that probably applies to Pot sales also as it is controlled by the same agency.

Ron

/ WalMart Shoplifting #176  
Its a $50 BILLION cost to the economy: inventory, police and courts.
Any wonder that on-line shopping is popular with companies. Now the credit card loss factor and ID theft will zoom.

Good point that I had never thought of before. That could explain why it is often less expensive to shop on line. Hate to say it but it makes me want to shop on line more so I don’t have to fund the free loaders and shop lifters.

/ WalMart Shoplifting #177  
Amazon just opened a grocery (brick & mortar. You sign up for a digital account and have a transponder card, walk in, pick up your items, put it back it deletes it, walk out, it charges your account, no cash register. Wave of the future I am sure. Someone will find a way to defeat it though. Ethics and integrity are no longer taught at home, in the schools, or in the churches. I fear for my grand-kids that have been raised right (a couple haven't) as they are now in the minority and pressured to conform to the new millennium.

Ron
It would eliminate most of it though. Electronic theft requires brain power. A tool most shoplifters are lacking.

/ WalMart Shoplifting #178  
Good point that I had never thought of before. That could explain why is is often less expensive to shop on line. Hate to say it but it makes me want to shop on line more so I don’t have to fund the free loaders and shop lifters.

It might be a good time to invest in UPS stock. Brick and mortar businesses are going the way of the woolly mammoths.

/ WalMart Shoplifting #179  
Man what difference a couple of generations make. I was 13-14 yrs old, a friend and myself were in a large department store, and he shoplifted a couple of 8 track tapes. As we left the store the undercover store guy pulled us aside. Took us in the office, call the cops, and they took us both to the juvenile hall, a.k.a. juvie. Spent the night and our parents picked us up the next day. Got a good whooping at home, and if I remember correctly, I was on "restriction" for a month. Needless to say, that was the end of my criminal career. Been on the strait and narrow ever since.

/ WalMart Shoplifting #180  
Man what difference a couple of generations make. I was 13-14 yrs old, a friend and myself were in a large department store, and he shoplifted a couple of 8 track tapes. As we left the store the undercover store guy pulled us aside. Took us in the office, call the cops, and they took us both to the juvenile hall, a.k.a. juvie. Spent the night and our parents picked us up the next day. Got a good whooping at home, and if I remember correctly, I was on "restriction" for a month. Needless to say, that was the end of my criminal career. Been on the strait and narrow ever since.

Now the parents would get arrested for child abandonment for leaving their child overnight in jail instead of running right to the police station to pickup their child at 2 am, and then have additional charges for assault and battery for whooping their child, and unlawful restraint for restricting them