Inverter welders

/ Inverter welders #1  

MoArk Willy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320
I recently bought an Amico 160 amp DC stick welder. It is 120/240 volt inverter machine which is quite compact and lightweight.
I currently have only 120 volts available in my "shop" and it has been working absolutely fine.
Within a couple of weeks I am welding pretty well and my welding is holding.
That aside, I am looking now for a wire feed machine also with a 120 volt input.
I have looked for the inverter type and I haven't been able to find such a device.
Every flux/mig I have looked at has been the heave transformer type and I would prefer not to go that route.
Does anyone know if such a machine exists? I would much rather move around the lighter, smaller welder than the huge heavy transformer type.

Thanks for any advice.

/ Inverter welders
I guess I could have been more careful in my wording. I am a homeowner /. hobbyist welder.
I paid $150 for my inverter DC arc welder. I'm not about to pay 6 times that for a welder I will use occasionally.

/ Inverter welders #4  
I guess I could have been more careful in my wording. I am a homeowner /. hobbyist welder.
I paid $150 for my inverter DC arc welder. I'm not about to pay 6 times that for a welder I will use occasionally.

If you watch very carefully you might be able to pick up an Everlast Power I-Mig140e for under $350.
They have excellent reviews.
I picked one up (new) last year for $299, but it was a lucky deal.
Have not used it yet.

/ Inverter welders
Actually that is a welder I have been looking at. I primarily, for now want a flux machine but I suspect in time I would add gas.
This machine fits the bill. MY Bro-in-law has a Everlast stick welder which he likes a great deal. Somehow I overlooked the fact that it was an inverter welder. I appreciate you bringing that to my attention.

/ Inverter welders #6  
I know you dont want to pay but id look at getting rid of the stick only machine and look at the esab rebel 215 mig stick tig. Even in hobbyist application itl be well worth the 1500 bucks even after 10 or so years pass.

Watch craigs list for used 215s i dont feel you get as much for your money in a blue machine in this class but it is capable to mig stick and tig.

It never hurts to get more machine than you think you need and is easier than you think by staying away from fast food and alcohol

/ Inverter welders #7  
Actually that is a welder I have been looking at. I primarily, for now want a flux machine but I suspect in time I would add gas.
This machine fits the bill. MY Bro-in-law has a Everlast stick welder which he likes a great deal. Somehow I overlooked the fact that it was an inverter welder. I appreciate you bringing that to my attention.

All our Everlast units are inverters. since 2004. lol