Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,891  
Yes, Home Depot stocks them. They are 3/8" type T couplers. I just purchased them last weekend and they mate as expected to the Harbor Freight 3/8" type T. They are hard as heck to connect when you have 155 psi on the line, but you can do it. They are essentially the same, and price is reasonable at $10 for a pack that has 2 male threaded air tool side fittings and one air hose side quick coupler.View attachment 547227

Cool, thanks for the info. Even pre-gooped on the threads...lol.

All this talk about coupons.
I didn't see anyone mention just go to hfqpdb, then save them to a list and print the list to a pdf if you can't get net in the store.

That's what I meant when I said "HF coupon site" but I guess it wasn't so clear. :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,892  
I realize there is a long thread over in unFriendly Politics discussing the proposed tariffs but has anyone tried to compare the list of 1300 proposed items with HF's offerings?

Keep it non-political please, but there are a lot of TBN'ers that never go to FP.

I'm thinking along the lines of what we should buy NOW rather than wait. I'm in for ANOTHER 4 pack of trucker chains.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#8,893  
I realize there is a long thread over in unFriendly Politics discussing the proposed tariffs but has anyone tried to compare the list of 1300 proposed items with HF's offerings?

Keep it non-political please, but there are a lot of TBN'ers that never go to FP.

I'm thinking along the lines of what we should buy NOW rather than wait. I'm in for ANOTHER 4 pack of trucker chains.
I think this might be a mistake, based on previous attempts to keep politics out of this thread. All it takes is one person determined to make it political and one person who is outraged at at their post, then it goes off the rails. Perhaps, start a separate thread with a more general topic regarding preemptive purchases if we have new tariffs.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,894  
I think this might be a mistake, based on previous attempts to keep politics out of this thread. All it takes is one person determined to make it political and one person who is outraged at at their post, then it goes off the rails. Perhaps, start a separate thread with a more general topic regarding preemptive purchases if we have new tariffs.

I agree this is a sticky subject at best. I can live with a 25-50% increase at HF (about 100% sourced from China) because I can go years only buying tarps, etc and be OK. While I am not going to take the effort to do it but my concern is how much my WM expenses may jump 25%+. I hope the WH can stand their ground long enough to learn the true impact longer term because I can see this thing back firing on China big time it they jack up the imported food the people seem to enjoy so much.

I am thinking about how Harley is still on the ropes and getting weaker. Not sure tariffs work so well in general as the English learned from the Boston Tea Party aftermath.

If now at HF I can get workable tools for say 30 cents on the dollar over USA made why would I not be willing to pay 50 cents on the dollar? I expect businesses on both sides of the Pacific Ocean will eat some of the tariff costs at least for a while. At age 67 I can delay most imported items for many years a home and at work we develop software for contractors and property insurance adjusters so I see next to impact business wise from any discussed tariffs. Yes I understand the trickle down impact will be real if this turns into a life long practice of protectionism.

Personally today I have zero concerns because I have zero bankable facts of how this will play out. :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,895  
Guys, move that topic to 'Friendly' Politics.

I just went and looked over there. A retired Economics prof (from a conservative state) seems to have a deeper understanding of real effects than most of the people he's responding to. See:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...w-will-new-tariffs-effect-14.html#post5051540

And if you do look into that thread, it will become clear why this Don't Suck thread would be torn apart if the issues were debated here. Please, don't.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,896  
Tell us about your Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#8,899  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,900  
Been waiting for this

8 gal. 2 HP 125 PSI Oil Lube Air Compressor

For $99 I'm in.
I've had the similar 10 gallon / claimed 2.5 hp unit for several years. Its fine for what it is. I recently completed a two day painting project using it and the $9 spray gun. Everything worked well.

I did have to step up to the better $80 Earthquake impact wrench that doesn't need as much air. HF's similar cheap $29 tools exhausted the tank on maybe the second lugnut.

Overall, recommended for the low cfm spray gun. And if you have a little patience then tires and intermittent use of air tools. Not a bad buy for the price.