43 hours and no regen yet

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #1  

arits74

Bronze Member
Tractor
ls ,xr4155hc,1942 h farmall,vermeer cx218 mini
my xr4155hc has 43 hours and has not had a regen yet.do I need to manually do a regen or just wait for the computer to do it.also is the regen button suppose to be in the middle position for auto regen

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #2  
my xr4155hc has 43 hours and has not had a regen yet.do I need to manually do a regen or just wait for the computer to do it.also is the regen button suppose to be in the middle position for auto regen

I think I would just wait for the regeneration on its own. I hardly noticed when my first regen happened. It smelled a little funny and the rpm increased a little bit. Not a radical happening at all.

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #3  
Yeah, let the computer decide when it's time. Just teach yourself to pay attention to regen cycles and try to not shut off the machine while it's in regen mode.

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #4  
If the button is spring loaded it should stay in the center position for auto regen. You are fortunate that it hasn't gone through a regen cycle as it should go around 50 hours. Many others have had early regen cycles. Just wait it out and see.
Just my opinion but I think if you run good quality fuel and keep the RPM's up when operating the regen cycles seem to occur when they are supposed to.

/ 43 hours and no regen yet
I do try to keep the rpms up when im using it and if I start it up to move it around I let it warm up before shutting it off.

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #6  
My xr 4140 went into regin right at 44 hours. All kinds of lights came on. I just let it do it’s thing. I’m at 70 hours now and it’s only had one regin.

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #7  
No worries. My XU6168 didnt regen until 49 hours. Just keep the RPMs up and work it. Youll probably smell it before you notice the lights on the dash.

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #8  
As the others have said work the machine and let the computer do it's thing. I had several regens, about 4 or 5 so far at 80 hours. I was doing a lot of loader/grapple work so I was being mean to it. After I started doing more steady state rpm work the Regen interval has gotten farther apart. No issues to speak of as yet.

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #9  
If it burns as cleanly as our Isuzu diesel generator, it may not regen much. I'd wait.

If a Yanmar engine, it'd probably need regen already.

Ralph

/ 43 hours and no regen yet #10  
My XR4155HC has been very consistent on running a regen sequence just over every 50 hours - 50, 101, and 152 so far. If I had to guess you just haven't hit enough hours yet, nothing to fret.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

8060 (A32932)
8060 (A32932)
John Deere 430W (A34236)
John Deere 430W...
Farmall 200 (A34236)
Farmall 200 (A34236)
Pallet of Air Hose Reel, Stand, Pump and Misc. (A34007)
Pallet of Air Hose...
2015 Great Dane 53 X 102 Reefer Trailer (A33439)
2015 Great Dane 53...
Drill press (A34236)
Drill press (A34236)