Mowing Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower?

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #101  
And... Your agreeing with what I just said. The light duty 72" mower that you have it's what I should have been looking for. That one is supposed to be fine for a machine like ours. I didn't learn all of this until just recently, I thought a 72" is a 72" is a 72". Land Pride says that it's not so and that the 2572 needs more umph than I have.
I forget, did your sales rep indicate there might be a problem?

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower?
My sales rep? I bought the mower on Craigslist! The tractor is hardly under powered, it's over implemented. I'd love to get the light duty 72" mower that the fellow above has and repeat the experiment. To say that my B2650 is under powered it's reaching a bit.

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #103  
My sales rep? I bought the mower on Craigslist! The tractor is hardly under powered, it's over implemented. I'd love to get the light duty 72" mower that the fellow above has and repeat the experiment. To say that my B2650 is under powered it's reaching a bit.

Well, you said yourself in a prior post that you were suffering from a lack of power, which for your application is true--for YOUR application. This whole thing just goes to show that spec'ing a tractor can be more complicated than one might think--you have to hit the right combination of power, weight, and gearing for the application. In this case, you've spent a ton of money for a setup that doesn't quite work. Now you have to go to a smaller mower, which after all the finagling is done and all the money is spent will only be six inches wider than your Craftsman. Believe me, I feel for you. I hope it works out.

Yes, but luckily I'm not financially out anything, I'm in the mower at $650 purchase plus $400 in parts to restore/upgrade it. I'm positive that I can recover every dollar from it. But I do have a fellow with a nice clean Woods Heritage 60" (barely larger than my Craftsman 54") who wants to trade. What I'd rather do is sell and find the LP light duty 72" version so that I keep the width. I'm not in a big hurry to do anything at the moment, I have time to play around with this as I can. More important at the moment is pulling the axle out of my Jeep and welding a truss on, weld the tubes into the pumpkin, replace the axle shafts, change out the brakes to 13.5" Dynatrac big brakes, swap the master cylinder and booster to Ram 1500 parts and get ready to best the heck out of it for another season!

I'll mess with the mower issue at my convenience. Oh, crap. I have to put up an 18 foot above ground pool and get ready for my daughter's graduation party in late June as well.

I need a cloned version of me, maybe a couple...

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #105  
Here is a cheaper option. What good is a steep sloped yard? Just plant it in trees and stop mowing it :)

Here is a cheaper option. What good is a steep sloped yard? Just plant it in trees and stop mowing it :)

LOL, but I love cutting grass and messing with my lawn. I'm now starting to get into more serious attempts at making it a golf course like yard, I bought a plug aerator, a 25 gallon pull behind sprayer and a roller. I just plugged about an acre of it last weekend and sprayed it with Gordon's Trimec lawn weed killer. I plan to plug/spray the other 2 acres this week. I am going to wait a couple weeks and fertilize it all, and this fall I am going to plug it and then over-seed. I want to get all 3 acres looking like the area around the house with thick and dark green carpet like grass. Call it therapy, but I look forward to finishing and looking out over the lawn and seeing perfectly smooth grass that is trimmed to perfection! I have considered lining the street (700 feet) in pines for privacy, but that would be expensive!

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #107  
To say that my B2650 is under powered it's reaching a bit.

I did not say anything about your B2650 being underpowered. You did, however, in the title of your thread.

The mower was your choice, the larger tires were your choice, you made your bed. You will figure a solution out and appear to be well on your way.

I went yesterday and cut my sister in laws flat yard with about 10" high grass. Most was done in mid range. Also, I talked to Land Pride again, I pulled the belt if and inspected bearings again, the right hand spindle bearings are obviously junk. I've got that ordered already.

I greased the spindles again, put 25 pumps in each one. I'm seriously low on grease, I thought 3 tubes of the black Kubota grease would last a while, the last tube is almost gone already. Luckily, I have parts ordered so I'll be heading to M&R Power Equipment shortly. IMG_20180430_185313632_HDR.jpegIMG_20180430_190251850_HDR.jpeg

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #109  

Exactly, I'm trying to convince my ex-wife of that for her large, steep back yard..... create some wildlife habitat as opposed to a vast dead zone of fescue carpet.

/ Kubota B2650 not enough power for FDR2572 mower? #110  
... the right hand spindle bearings are obviously junk. I've got that ordered already.

I greased the spindles again, put 25 pumps in each one. I'm seriously low on grease, I thought 3 tubes of the black Kubota grease would last a while, the last tube is almost gone already. ...

Hey Mr. Crawler -- If your grease gun resembles mine, 25 pumps into any mower deck bearing means that 12 or 15 of those pumps went out onto the pavement or grass underneath. They just do not hold all that much grease. By the way, I replaced a spindle on an LP 2672 finish mower a few years back due to some abuse on my part, not realizing it had gotten loose, wobbling, etc. Not a terrible job but be careful getting it tight. Some older spindles had about half the threads on them that the replacement one did, at least in my case. Be VERY cautious not to get any grease onto that belt. Grease will burn up one of those belts faster than any other way I know of.