Faux Bamboo; How to kill it dead ?!

/ Faux Bamboo; How to kill it dead ?! #31  
Maybe put the router in the yard?

Experiment finds that plants die when placed next to internet Wi-Fi routers | Daily Mail Online

On a more serious note,,,my SIL had some weed in Texas that he had a plan to get rid of,,,
he found this concept on the internet, somewhere,,
they claimed success,,,
he had acquired some test tubes, and he was going to insert the end of the weed into the tube with a rubber stopper.
the test tube would have 41% Roundup in it,,,

He moved before he got a chance to try it,,,

1 Pack - 2x15mm Pyrex Glass Test Tubes with Rubber Stoppers: Science Lab Test Tubes: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

The test tubes are cheap enough, $0.72 each, that includes the stopper,,,

I think I will test it on the plant in the garden, I believe it is morning glory,, it will not die, but, it does not spread,,,

Instead of test tubes, these flower tubes may be more suited for the job,,,

Amazon.com: Floral Water Tubes/Vials For Flower Arrangements by Royal Imports, Green - 4.5" (1/2" Opening) - Pointed Style - 1/Pack - w/ Caps: Home & Kitchen

These are specifically for feeding liquid to a plant,,

/ Faux Bamboo; How to kill it dead ?! #32  
So many years ago, before I knew what this stuff was, I pulled it out of the flower beds, chopped it up, put it in our compost pile, and ended up spreading it onto our garden..... YIKES##$%&@@!!!!! So I ended up with it all over the place. I had pretty good success digging each one out, shaking off the dirt, and throwing it in the burn barrel. But it's still out there in the garden, and any area that I don't use for a few months, it pops back up. Nasty stuff.

/ Faux Bamboo; How to kill it dead ?! #33  
So many years ago, before I knew what this stuff was, I pulled it out of the flower beds, chopped it up, put it in our compost pile, and ended up spreading it onto our garden..... YIKES##$%&@@!!!!! So I ended up with it all over the place. I had pretty good success digging each one out, shaking off the dirt, and throwing it in the burn barrel. But it's still out there in the garden, and any area that I don't use for a few months, it pops back up. Nasty stuff.

Is this the plant that is in your garden??

maxresdefault.jpg

/ Faux Bamboo; How to kill it dead ?! #34  
There are swaths of Japanese Knotweed 20' +/- wide stretching for hundreds of yards along the river bank in one area a few miles from me. There is no possible means of even putting a dent in it or stopping the rapid spread of it.

So how this invasive species of plant ever get stopped?

/ Faux Bamboo; How to kill it dead ?! #35  
There are swaths of Japanese Knotweed 20' +/- wide stretching for hundreds of yards along the river bank in one area a few miles from me. There is no possible means of even putting a dent in it or stopping the rapid spread of it.

So how this invasive species of plant ever get stopped?

Someone will import some knotweed beatles to eat it. Then the knotweed beatles will start eating geraniums. So they'll make a spray to kill knotweed beetles, and it'll mutate the geraniums into protein producing plants that live on water and air. World hunger will be resolved.... so knotweed is a blessing.

/ Faux Bamboo; How to kill it dead ?! #36  
Someone will import some knotweed beatles to eat it. Then the knotweed beatles will start eating geraniums. So they'll make a spray to kill knotweed beetles, and it'll mutate the geraniums into protein producing plants that live on water and air. World hunger will be resolved.... so knotweed is a blessing.

Hahaha

Yes, someone will import knotwood beetles to eat it. Without any natural predators, the knotwood beetles will multiply until huge swarms cover the landscape. The beetles will decide they greatly prefer corn and wheat (not found in their native Asia) and will ignore the knotwood, instead devastating crops. Driving becomes hazardous because your windshield quickly becomes covered with smashed beetles. Dangerous new pesticides are invented to kill them but instead wipe out bees and butterflies, and also turn out to be particularly toxic to children......

:(

The one good thing, it hates shade. Plant trees?

/ Faux Bamboo; How to kill it dead ?!
Alright, those using test tubes and other fantasies of how to kill knotweed can join the Zombie Apocalypse believers; meantime some of us like me, the OP of this thread actually NEED useful information to eradicate this stuff from my landscape. The results will be shared here to help others who suffer the same fate of an overgrown landscape. The rest of you knotweed deniers can come by my place to get your free sample of the stuff to see what you can do to kill it after it grows without threat of extinction for say 2 years.
This stuff makes goutweed look like a newborn child as to skills of avoiding extermination.

/ Faux Bamboo; How to kill it dead ?! #38  
Hahaha

Yes, someone will import knotwood beetles to eat it. Without any natural predators, the knotwood beetles will multiply until huge swarms cover the landscape. The beetles will decide they greatly prefer corn and wheat (not found in their native Asia) and will ignore the knotwood, instead devastating crops. Driving becomes hazardous because your windshield quickly becomes covered with smashed beetles. Dangerous new pesticides are invented to kill them but instead wipe out bees and butterflies, and also turn out to be particularly toxic to children......

And so on, and so on. I believe we already know the outcome would be from past and present experiences with other non-native, imported invasive plants, insects, snakes, fish, and birds, etc! :(

/ Faux Bamboo; How to kill it dead ?! #39  
Hahaha

The one good thing, it hates shade. Plant trees?

It doesn't hate shade that much.... it's growing on the north side of my house under a lilac bush, and it's growing in the back corner of my garden under an oak tree....

/ Faux Bamboo; How to kill it dead ?! #40  
Yep, like the great lakes when they opened up the saint lawrence seaway.... alewives came in. The alewives ate the forage for the perch, so the perch declined. So they brought in salmon and steelhead trout. The ate the alewives, but then the salmon and trout fisheries crashed an the perch picked back up. Then gobies and zebra mussels came in. They eat the perch forage and the perch crashed again..... it just keeps going and going.