XG3025 Recall

/ XG3025 Recall #131  
It must be small enough to not need the top link. The larger models have a mount right under the seat for a heavy duty top link.

/ XG3025 Recall #132  
It must be small enough to not need the top link. The larger models have a mount right under the seat for a heavy duty top link.
3Lfarms you are probably correct but I'm still wondering why two Model LB1100 backhoes could be different, one with and one without the attachment point for the top link. Another LS mystery!

/ XG3025 Recall #133  
fgsiii, not trying to stir the pot..........I took another look & this pix of our actual connection, at the point under the BH operator's seat.

IMG_0871.jpg

/ XG3025 Recall #134  
I should add that the fit is about as good as it gets, meaning there is not slop between the two locating (blue) bars.

I tend to lean on the side of the tech guys from Trenton Farm Equipment. My recall LS dealer, in FL.
The link should be there to lessen stress on the nuts & bolts connections below.

I told a peek under the blue painted diamond plate floor & noticed on heck of a thick mounting plate in position for the connection point above the plate.

Your floor plate appears to be also cut out as mine is. Just your BH isn't offering our connection point.
Strange, to see this step NOT removed from the factory assembly (plate cut out).

I would have to look deeper in better day light but you may be able to weld in those two missing anchor bars for the link connection.
If it comes to this, we'll be glad to make measurements & forward them to you.

On a better note: we removed our stump yesterday & wife sent it down in the woods to decay away. Now for the crater fill in.

Last edited:
   / XG3025 Recall #135  
fgsiii, not trying to stir the pot..........I took another look & this pix of our actual connection, at the point under the BH operator's seat.

View attachment 558884

Thanks for the better photo of the connection point. I'm going to print it out and take it to my dealer next week & see what he says. Did you see the photo of the data plate on my backhoe that I posted yesterday? Is yours the same except for the serial number? I double checked my operators manual for the backhoe and it makes absolutely no mention of the top link connection and none of the illustrations show it. I'm thinking you must have a heaver backhoe than mine or maybe there was a difference in model years. Is your serial number higher or lower than mine (please see previous photo)? I hope you have a great Fathers Day & thanks for all the info you have provided.

/ XG3025 Recall #137  
Hey, anyone looking at our tiny pix should know that for some strange reason our pix are turned side ways(recently), but click on the tiny pix & sure enough it shows up corrected.

We don't know why this is happening but try to bare w/ this minor inconvenience . thanks

/ XG3025 Recall #138  
We think a pix may be better, than just copying & posting.

View attachment 558972

Thanks Big Blue Florida, according to the data plate we have the same model BH and it's interesting to note that it appears that LS has sold almost 307 thousand of these since you bought yours & I bought mine. That's a lot of steel! Sometime this coming week I'll go visit my dealer and see what he knows about the differences & I'll report back. Tomorrow I plan to become familiar with my BH with a little trenching for a drainage pipe and a couple of small stumps in our side yard. Thanks again.

/ XG3025 Recall #139  
If I may suggest something.

We have noticed the large nuts & bolts at the lower connections of BH, on both sides, will come loose rather easily after a few hours of real use.

We tighten these down regularly as the BH is used. We noticed a clicking at first & then out right clacking.
We know this is a tractor & we accept whatever routine tightening may be required.

We are hopping the upper link will lessen this minor issue.

Best of luck w/ your new addition, we have found the BH to be a must have for us.

/ XG3025 Recall #140  
Hi guys. Yes, mystery indeed. The top link mounting point on backhoes (or lack of) is not based on size. The last rounds of backhoes we've received in both 1100 series and 3100 series do not have the top link mount on the backhoe. There's been no dealer communication that I'm aware of as to why this was changed.