XG3025 Recall

/ XG3025 Recall #111  
Big Blue Florida I'm glad that you finally got your tractor back. Yesterday I took my XG3025 back to the dealer to have a backhoe installed, it should be delivered back to me by the end of the week. Last evening I read through the operators manual but don't recall anything about hooking up the top link. I'll double check when I get out to the shop this morning. Enjoy your tractor.

I double checked my operator manual for the backhoe and it does not mention anything about the top link. Guess I need to figure that out when I get my tractor with the backhoe back. I really like the tractor but can't say anything good about the manuals.

/ XG3025 Recall #112  
Much thanks 3Lfarms,
To think we have been using our back hoe w/o this link advantage.
So much for being informed at the selling dealer level.

We have been clocking well over 200 hrs & doing it wrong. Well much thanks to the recall dealer Trenton Farm Equipment in FL.

My tractor came with the backhoe installed. The normal top link was in the cab and it came with the heavy duty link installed on the hoe. I put it back the way they had it every time I put it on.

/ XG3025 Recall #113  
Same model and have no clue about top link. Can someone post a picture?

/ XG3025 Recall #115  
Sorry for taking so long. We get side tracked easily around here.

IMG_0774.jpg

/ XG3025 Recall #116  
Why so many differences between the same makes of tractors? My xr3135 does not use a top-link to the hoe.

/ XG3025 Recall #117  
I really don't know for sure.
Perhaps it may have been better to have this link on this 1100 BH & it may not have been required on the smaller BH offered.

Keep in mind when we first bought this tractor from the selling dealer it was in May of 2016. Dealer's name, Allen Farm & Lawn Equipment, no longer in business in Ocala, FL.
At this time the dealer offered two different size BH, but only one bucket size (9inch) for the lesser BH.

Even here, I never saw the other BH, but the dealer suggested it was the same size as a BH attached to a smaller tractor but w/ the same 3 cylinder
motor as was in the XG3025.
The dealer said this XG3025 had a bigger hydro pump & the 1100 BH was an upgrade & the larger bucket could be used as well.

At no time did we see any of this in a catalog, just conversation w/ the dealer.

IF YOU are using the 1100 BH on your XG3025, I suggest you consider this link. Perhaps another 50 USD.
To us, it just makes good sense. The recall dealer, Trenton Farm Equipment in Trenton, FL saw it was missing & rather surprised it had not been attached. We had the link in a box & at that time thought it was to be used w/ the other attachments, which we bought in our package deal.
But our XG3025H did not have the link attached when delivered. Link & a few other items were in a box & so they sat for all this time.

A larger frame tractor may not require this link advantage, if using the same back hoe.

To date there may be no other option for the XG3025(H) of back hoe size.

We have done a lot of stump removal w/ our rig. We have some near unbelievable pix of these stump extractions. This tractor combination Back Hoe 1100 is great for us.

/ XG3025 Recall #118  
I really don't know for sure.
Perhaps it may have been better to have this link on this 1100 BH & it may not have been required on the smaller BH offered.

Keep in mind when we first bought this tractor from the selling dealer it was in May of 2016. Dealer's name, Allen Farm & Lawn Equipment, no longer in business in Ocala, FL.
At this time the dealer offered two different size BH, but only one bucket size (9inch) for the lesser BH.

Even here, I never saw the other BH, but the dealer suggested it was the same size as a BH attached to a smaller tractor but w/ the same 3 cylinder
motor as was in the XG3025.
The dealer said this XG3025 had a bigger hydro pump & the 1100 BH was an upgrade & the larger bucket could be used as well.

At no time did we see any of this in a catalog, just conversation w/ the dealer.

IF YOU are using the 1100 BH on your XG3025, I suggest you consider this link. Perhaps another 50 USD.
To us, it just makes good sense. The recall dealer, Trenton Farm Equipment in Trenton, FL saw it was missing & rather surprised it had not been attached. We had the link in a box & at that time thought it was to be used w/ the other attachments, which we bought in our package deal.
But our XG3025H did not have the link attached when delivered. Link & a few other items were in a box & so they sat for all this time.

A larger frame tractor may not require this link advantage, if using the same back hoe.

To date there may be no other option for the XG3025(H) of back hoe size.

We have done a lot of stump removal w/ our rig. We have some near unbelievable pix of these stump extractions. This tractor combination Back Hoe 1100 is great for us.

I assume you are talking about the XJ2025 with the lb1104 hoe... but there are more options for buckets then 9"... I got a 12" with mine.

The top link most likely keeps the hoe from loosening up at the lower 8 bolts that hold it to the sub-frame. This happens to the XJ when after heavily using the hoe for a several hours and a link like that would limit any type of movement to start.

/ XG3025 Recall #119  
Thanks for addition & correction.

You're most right about those bolts coming loose. It's an on going issue w/ our tractor as well.
We're looking forward to having this upper link do its designed task.

We have had a lot of rain following our tractors return. Today was our first real test of the new rigging.
Another stump removal under way.

/ XG3025 Recall #120  
Sorry for taking so long. We get side tracked easily around here.

View attachment 558313

Big Blue Florida thanks for posting that photo of how the top link is attached to your tractor/backhoe. After looking at the photo I went through my LB1100 Backhoe Operators Manual again and there is no mention of the top link & the illustrations do not show it at all. Hopefully my tractor will be back tomorrow or Saturday and I can see if it has the top link attached. You have mentioned that you have photos of "stump removal" any chance you can post some pictures? Thanks