borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #1  

jtbuck

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 245
Hey
My neighbor has let me borrow his JD 110 backhoe and while he is away would like to change the oiland filters for him.
It is a 4 cyl diesel.
Can I use Rotella, and how much?
What are the filter numbers air and oil.

Any help would be appreaciated
Thanks
JT

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #2  
Hey
My neighbor has let me borrow his JD 110 backhoe and while he is away would like to change the oiland filters for him.
It is a 4 cyl diesel.
Can I use Rotella, and how much?
What are the filter numbers air and oil.

Any help would be appreaciated
Thanks
JT

If you don't know what he uses for oil and filters I WOULD NOT Mess with it.

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #3  
If you don't know what he uses for oil and filters I WOULD NOT Mess with it.
I agree. I would ask him what oil he uses, then return it with a set of filters and a container of oil (your Deere dealer should be able to get them and tell you how much oil).

I would be unhappy if someone took it upon themselves to change the oil in a machine that I had lent them unless they had asked first.

Aaron Z

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #4  
Agree^^
It's a worthy gesture but if the owner is used to doing his own maintenance a gift card etc. for the oil and filters would be a good alternative...if he usually has a dealer do it maybe the dealer offers gift certificates...JMO...

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #5  
   / borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #6  
If you know the JD dealer he uses you might be able to have them pull up the oil and filters if he bought them there. Or get a gift certificate from JD.

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter
I agree. I would ask him what oil he uses, then return it with a set of filters and a container of oil (your Deere dealer should be able to get them and tell you how much oil).

I would be unhappy if someone took it upon themselves to change the oil in a machine that I had lent them unless they had asked first.

Aaron Z

He has never changed it, and we had talked about it, so I thought I would get it done. Already greased. I use Rotella in all my tractors and truck , but thought I would ask.
Thanks

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter
   / borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #9  
He has never changed it, and we had talked about it, so I thought I would get it done. Already greased. I use Rotella in all my tractors and truck , but thought I would ask.
Thanks

On that note get-er done.....and good upon you to take on the task

/ borrowed neighbors tractor and want to change oil and airfilter #10  
Thanks
If he has NEVER changed it, hopefully it is new and close to 50 hours otherwise changing it might save his tractor.