STOP the Amazon ads header.

/ STOP the Amazon ads header. #11  
I was listening to Kim Komando's technology show a while back.

She laughed at the complaints she got from users who visited her site, then complained that there were ads for Japanese lingerie models. The ads served up on her site are based on what you have recently searched for. :D

/ STOP the Amazon ads header. #12  
If you don't like the ads, then don't look at them. I just have no patience for folks who similarly rant about TV shows content, well that is what the channel selector is for. Just because you don't like Amazon is no reason that it should be deleted from the website. Many folks love Amazon, some hate it but a website is free to advertise whatever they like or can get paid to advertise. Folks that don't like it, don't have to participate in the website, it is still a free country (mostly).
So if you don't like the ads, just do like me and don't look at them, the scroll function gets to the meat of the post quickly.

/ STOP the Amazon ads header. #13  
Amazon just announced they will up their minimum pay to $15.00 for their employees. That will affect 350,000 employees.

/ STOP the Amazon ads header. #14  
Interesting. I've been using Adblock Plus for years, and have never seen an ad on this site ... until today. There is an Amazon ad at the top of this page as I type. Like Wagtail, it's for "Mastering Amazon Ads." :laughing:

I don't have a problem with website ads until they start to interfere with the content. That doesn't happen on TBN. I hope Muhammad is doing well selling ads here.

/ STOP the Amazon ads header. #15  
FWIW...
Not all ad blocking apps are the same...dynamic ads require a script to display the ads etc...to block all third party content from being downloaded and displayed via a browser you have to block all third party scripts on any particular site/page.
A browser add on that will do this is 'NoScript'

/ STOP the Amazon ads header. #16  
I like the ads here. They're easy to ignore. I've seen forums that have ads between posts, ads that look like someone's signature, ads that look like a post, and ads that pop up and go away between posts that actually move the posts around as they do so making it very annoying when trying to read. Plus the ads here are relevant to discussion. They're also not auto-play video ads.

Speaking of relevant, one of the ads is about bullying... :laughing:

This forum is very well set up, including ads.

/ STOP the Amazon ads header. #17  
I hadn't realized there were ads on the forum pages, but now that you mention it, there's the Amazon ads for Ads. Yep.

I've got a few observations:
  • It costs money to run a website (I used to host our swim team's website and you'd be surprised how much of my time that small endeavor took)
  • It costs more money to run a website frequented by more people
  • This site is really really useful for me in the short amount of time I've been visiting it I'm sure it's already saved me a couple thousand dollars
  • The only way I've got to repay the host is by "viewing" ads (which I rarely look at in the first place; I've been dealing with web ads for more than twenty years now and I've gotten pretty good at avoiding looking at them)
  • As much as I dislike Amazon's growth toward monopoly and many of their practices, I'm in a rural area and many items aren't available without a 2.5hr+ round-trip drive, vs something showing up at my gate two days later. I usually shop other sites, but there's only so much I'll pay for the same exact stuff (and I mean exact, made-in-thesameplace and all).

Keep the ads, I like the free site and don't begrudge the hosts from being compensated for the costs of running it and their time running it.

/ STOP the Amazon ads header. #18  
-We offer a 100% ad-free mobile app
-We only have 1-2 ads on the mobile web version
-We never run video, pop-up, or sticky ads
-At any given time about 25-50% of all ads are from tractor companies

In that spot, there has always been an ad. For about 15 years anyway. It used to be fed in by google but recently we switched it to amazon and we make about the same revenue on that versus the google version, which sometimes had huge font and click bait ads. So in my mind we actually were trying to make the experience better by switching to amazon. But I'm not married to the idea---what specifically do you not like about it versus what was there before?

Our longer term plan is to incorporate ads that are even more related, like we have in the haying forum for compact tractor hay tools.

/ STOP the Amazon ads header. #19  
I think I'll buy that "mastering amazon ads" book being advertised at the top of the page and get back to y'all. :laughing: