Hourly cost to own/operate tractor?

/ Hourly cost to own/operate tractor? #41  
I have 400hrs on my BX25D. I am afraid to run the numbers but rough guess, $50 per hour. But it is going down!

What happened to the BX?

/ Hourly cost to own/operate tractor? #42  
What happened to the BX?
Oh nothing... she is doing great... I was just roughly adding up what I have into her, implements, mods, and routine maintenance divided by the hours. I didn't mean the BX was going down... like an animal, just that as I add hours, my operating cost will continue to drop. :D

The only major fix was a dash cluster I had to replace due to water got behind the seal.

/ Hourly cost to own/operate tractor? #43  
On the flip side, when I lived in Ireland a near neighbor offered to loan me his TLB. I politely refused telling him that every time I borrowed something like that it broke and I ended up buying a new, replacement part to fix it i ended up out of pocket and the guy I borrowed from had a better, newer piece of gear than what he started out with. I ended up hiring him and the machine for a day at a rate we both agreed was fair

/ Hourly cost to own/operate tractor? #44  
What does your separate insurance cover? I really only cared about theft or fire but my my agent said it also covered damage to the machine caused by accident. Of course there’s 1k deductible so it would take a major problem before they pay.
I have KTAC, which I don't actually remember what it costs as it's rolled in with the payment for now. It covers loss or damage to the machine no matter the cause, more or less the same as your car. It doesn't cover any liability stuff such as you damaging somebody else or their property though. Homeowners insurance should cover that if you are operating on your own property. KTAC only has a $200 deductible & was cheaper than adding it as a rider under my homeowners policy (which is home use only, no commercial activity). KTAC is different in their policies for new vs. used machines.

I do side work with my machine, so need a general business liability policy to cover that off property & commercial stuff. It runs me about $800 a year & covers landscaping type use (mowing, post holes, plowing snow). It covers me if I cause serious damage to somebody's property like throwing something from a mower or running into something. Its a fixed cost no matter the hours I operate. A policy that covers any digging runs over $9,000 a year, so my 3pt trencher is personal use only & i'm not getting a backhoe.

/ Hourly cost to own/operate tractor? #45  
I've been getting $65 an hour when I go do jobs with my B2620. There are guys here that work their full size backhoes for $35! LOL.

But people never argue with my price because I can get in and out of their yards and across their lawns leaving zero footprint and no turf damage.

/ Hourly cost to own/operate tractor? #46  
I've been getting $65 an hour when I go do jobs with my B2620. There are guys here that work their full size backhoes for $35! LOL.

But people never argue with my price because I can get in and out of their yards and across their lawns leaving zero footprint and no turf damage.

That is about $50/hr is real dollars...LOL

BTW, I am a dual citizen.

/ Hourly cost to own/operate tractor? #47  
A 1985 L2550DT for $12,000. Figure roughly $5,000 for tires repair and maintenance brings the cost to maybe $17,000 plus fuel.

The tractor has 5,600 hours so excluding fuel I would estimate about $3 and change per hour to own.

/ Hourly cost to own/operate tractor? #48  
A 1985 L2550DT for $12,000. Figure roughly $5,000 for tires repair and maintenance brings the cost to maybe $17,000 plus fuel.

The tractor has 5,600 hours so excluding fuel I would estimate about $3 and change per hour to own.

Seems low to me.

/ Hourly cost to own/operate tractor? #49  
A cost is a cost.
True. We budgeted $100,000.00 a year for incident related damage to mining equipment. Most years, it came into play for that amount. Some years, we were underfunded.

/ Hourly cost to own/operate tractor? #50  
Unfortunately I am now in the "nobody borrows my tractor" camp and the reason has nothing to do with my tractor.

I had a new truck a couple years ago. I made it known that nobody borrows my truck because I use it for work and need it to be in excellent condition. So most people never asked. Then a friend called me at work and asked if he could borrow it for one hour. Said he had to pick up some wood from HD and just needed to pull a rented trailer. I asked if anything would be put in the bed of the truck and he said no. I agreed.

3 hours later he is still a no show and I am calling his phone. He finally answers and asks if I am calling becasue I am ready to go home. I said it made no difference what I was planning to do he was 2 hours later than he told me he would be. So he finally brings it back.

The next day I'm washing the truck and notice a dent in the tailgate. I immediately knew what caused it. He put 2x6 boards in the trailer and when he turned a corner it hit the tailgate and lens cover. You could see the shape of the 2x in the dent.

I call him over to look at it and he goes on and on about how he didn't do it. Then I told him how he likely loaded the trailer, made the turn and dented the truck and he said yep that's what he did. Agreed to pay to fix it. Then made excuses about not having money and a few months later he moves out of state. That dent cost me $480 to get repaired.

I have no respect for a man that borrows something and doesn't return it in the same condition or better. Also have no respect for a man that doesn't keep his word.

I don't have that many friends I would trust with my tractor and I don't want to lose the ones I do have. So for that reason you can't borrow my tractor.