Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix?

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #1  

bswiv

Silver Member
Tractor
CAT D5G, Kubota M8540, KubotaB2700
Kubota B2920 with a cutter. I've messed about with the various lift adjustments but it seems that the problem.....if that's what it is?.....is that the travel of the lift arms is short...to say the least.

It's as if the arms are set on the splines such that they will go to the ground, but not lift the cutter enough to where you can run down the road with it sufficiently off the ground.

Ideas?

Mine was to pull the arms off and then reattach with the splines such that it has more up and less down. But then I usually screw things up when I go at it without asking.

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #2  
Kubota B2920 with a cutter. I've messed about with the various lift adjustments but it seems that the problem.....if that's what it is?.....is that the travel of the lift arms is short...to say the least.

It's as if the arms are set on the splines such that they will go to the ground, but not lift the cutter enough to where you can run down the road with it sufficiently off the ground.

Ideas?

Mine was to pull the arms off and then reattach with the splines such that it has more up and less down. But then I usually screw things up when I go at it without asking.

Either that or move lift points on implement down....

Dale

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #3  
Make sure your feed back linkage is not locking up or adjusted right. Try put a little oil on it.

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #4  
Maybe some pics of things so some with the same or similar model could compare and maybe help you troubleshoot the issue before you take a chance and possibly mess it up. My Grandfather somehow thought me to be more patient and understand the problem better rather then jumping in when the water is too shallow!

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix?
Maybe some pics of things so some with the same or similar model could compare and maybe help you troubleshoot the issue before you take a chance and possibly mess it up. My Grandfather somehow thought me to be more patient and understand the problem better rather then jumping in when the water is too shallow!

Yep....study a bit before getting out the hammer. On my M8540 the arm travel is a whole lot more. Ball tips will touch the ground and then pull up a good 2 1/2 feet.

The smaller tractor has maybe a foot....less?.....at the ball tips. This makes me think that the previous owner messed with the arm location.

I've adjusted all the linkages just as I do on the bigger tractor to no avail.

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #6  
I believe the B series has two pin adjustment holes on the right and left Lifting Rod stirrups, which attach to the Lower Links. If the pins are in the lower holes, move them to the upper holes. (Photos Kubota L3560)

HIGHER HOLES = HIGHER LIFT

Quite a few cultivating implements use the lower holes for deeper cultivation. The higher holes are the standard/default adjustment.

Best to keep the tail wheel on the ground when "running down the road". A Rotary Cutter is long. Bouncing puts more repetitive stress than necessary on the Top Link.

Attachments

• DSC00727.JPG
    DSC00727.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 801
  • DSC00729.JPG
    DSC00729.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,455
   / Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #7  
Adjust the connections where the lift “link” attaches to lift arm (as indicated above) to adjust the height that the front of the mower is raised/lowered.

Adjusting your top link will affect how high/low the back end of the attachment raises (relative to the front / lift arms).

Rotating the lift links (or whatever they’re called) on the splines of the rock shaft should be your last drastic option.

Which end of mower is too low?

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix?
Adjust the connections where the lift æ–—ink attaches to lift arm (as indicated above) to adjust the height that the front of the mower is raised/lowered.

Adjusting your top link will affect how high/low the back end of the attachment raises (relative to the front / lift arms).

Rotating the lift links (or whatever theyæ±*e called) on the splines of the rock shaft should be your last drastic option.

Which end of mower is too low?

I've gone through all the steps associated with the arms and top link......a couple of times.

The whole darn unit will not lift far enough off the ground.

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #9  
I've gone through all the steps associated with the arms and top link......a couple of times.

The whole darn unit will not lift far enough off the ground.

Try for experiment to remove lift link arms and temporarily use a length of chain to simulate link arms and see if you can raise lowest point of hitch up to reasonable level.... You may need shorter lift link arms to accomplish lift you need...

What is total amount of lift, my SCUT (MF GC 1715) has almost 24 inches lift, my problem it starts at about 5-6 inches off ground and most attachments have pins at 14-16 (or more) inches off ground so I get short changed on lift ( about 10 inches ) from get go..... Really thinking to add material to lower attachment points of 3PH arms of my QH to actually raise implement attachment points up...

Dale

Attachments

• 8212995-mod.jpg
    8212995-mod.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 124
   / Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #10  
Try this if you haven't already - remove the mower and raise the hitch fully with the control lever. Then go back and grab one of the lift arms at the ball end and lift it until you come to the stop. If it goes up more than an inch that says to me that you are not getting full height and need to adjust your lever linkage or your feed back rod.

gg