Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix?

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #11  
Try this if you haven't already - remove the mower and raise the hitch fully with the control lever. Then go back and grab one of the lift arms at the ball end and lift it until you come to the stop. If it goes up more than an inch that says to me that you are not getting full height and need to adjust your lever linkage or your feed back rod.

gg

^^^agree^^^ That is a good test to check if the lift arms attach to the rock shaft has been changed. If when lifted by hand (to the top limit), compare that to a unit that is known to be original. Remember to use measurements from the non-adjustable side.

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #12  
Really need a picture to tell the story.

It really could be a hundred different things.

Some older implements had unusualy high pin locations. So with cutter on ground your arms may already be up most of the way.

As Jeff mentioned...there are usually a couple of locations to mount the arm in the stirrup of lift rod to change the range.

Someone may have indeed messed with Robert ker arl location on the splines. But some of them (not sure on Kubota) have a blind spline. So doing what you purpose isn't possible.

Feedback linkage as others said.

Toplink location. You may just have a toplink that is too long or not setup right.

What is the cutter you are using?

I am afraid without pictures, you aren't gonna get much more than this in the way of responses.

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #13  
I believe the B series has two pin adjustment holes on the right and left Lifting Rod stirrups, which attach to the Lower Links. If the pins are in the lower holes, move them to the upper holes. (Photos Kubota L3560)

HIGHER HOLES = HIGHER LIFT

Quite a few cultivating implements use the lower holes for deeper cultivation. The higher holes are the standard/default adjustment.

Best to keep the tail wheel on the ground when "running down the road". A Rotary Cutter is long. Bouncing puts more repetitive stress than necessary on the Top Link.

:thumbsup: Great advice. I have to change mine on my MX to lift the bush hog as well.

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix?
Thank you for the ideas to try. Got tied up with a prescribed burn here today so did not get to trying any of them.......but tomorrow it is on the agenda.

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #15  
The top link can be shortened. I don't know what the standard top link is on the Kubota, but you might be able to buy a shorter one at Tractor supply if it can't be shortened enough. Pat's hooks on the back will add about 2 inches to arm length and make it easier to hook up implements. They are similar to a quick hitch but without the top link connection. On my little New Holland the factory top link was too short for back blade in snow - have to tilt it back to rest on the shoes, so I bought a longer one which I use for most everything now. Small adjustments in the top link make for large differences in height of the implement when lifted.

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #16  
I had a similar problem with my M6040. What I ended up doing is to adjust the small linkage that connects the splined lift arm to the control linkage. It has the long nut in the center of one left hand and one right hand threaded ends. You just loosen the lock nut and turn the long nut and with the tractor running the 3pt should raise if you adjust it in the correct direction. Just document the adjustment you do in case you have to return it to stock.
My tractor had the tires changed from R1 to R4, so I lost a large amount in height and the linkage would touch the ground but not go very high. After the above adjustment, it now goes full range. I am surprised this wasn't done right by the selling dealer.

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #17  
Im still waiting on pictures

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #18  
Me too.. There also 2 or 3 holes in the lower drag links that can be used and do what you need done. Pictures ?????

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix?
Im still waiting on pictures

Got sidetracked with servicing the bulldozer after working on some fire lines. Was so much mud in it that it took forever.

And then a day off to go fishing.......

Plan to get back at it Monday.

/ Lift on 3 point seems awfully short.....how to fix? #20  
Me too.. There also 2 or 3 holes in the lower drag links that can be used and do what you need done. Pictures ?????

Yes, I believe there are 2 holes to chose from on the lift link stirrup and 2 on the lift arm. If he choses the rearward hole on the arm, there is less height but more power, while the front hole gives him height but less power.