Should I get this BX1880?

/ Should I get this BX1880? #1  

Seamonster124

Tractor
BX1880
HI everyone.

Going to look at a used BX1880 with 50 hours on it: $11000. A private seller who claims to have finished his project and no longer needs it.
A new one will run me $16,500.00 including tax and insurance.

Never owned tractor before. Are tractors so delicate that buying any used on is a big risk?

Who owns this machine? Any feedback would be great. Any weak points? Something about branches damaging a fan?

I have limited use for a tractor so I don't want to spend too much on a toy. When it's not parked in the garage, it'll be used to general landscape maintenance on 2 acres. No heavy lifting or loading, just clean up and mostly for fun

Thank you in advance.

/ Should I get this BX1880? #2  
How much warranty is left? If I had a need, I’d consider that deal. A few months of warranty coverage would tilt the scales a little more.

/ Should I get this BX1880?
How much warranty is left? If I had a need, I’d consider that deal. A few months of warranty coverage would tilt the scales a little more.

I'll ask. He bought it new less than a year ago from a local dealer

/ Should I get this BX1880? #4  
I’m thinking there’s is 2 years full coverage on the tractor and a year on the loader and or mower deck if equipped.
Make sure it doesn’t have a lien on it.

I’m thinking there’s is 2 years full coverage on the tractor and a year on the loader and or mower deck if equipped.
Make sure it doesn’t have a lien on it.

How do I know if has a lean on it?

/ Should I get this BX1880? #9  
We just bought a hillside in the northwest. Neglected; huge piles of yard waste, blackberries, settling soil, fallen trees, etc. I'm worried about driving a tractor due to the slopes.

Your are considering the BX with lowest power engine, equipped like all subcompact tractors with a two-range HST transmission. It will be pretty slow going up slopes.

Great price if this is enough tractor for your needs and if it is comfortable when you sit on it.

Fifty hour service at a Kubota dealer will cost around $400.

Or you can do the service work yourself:

LINKS: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/167108-do-your-own-fluids-filters.html

MULTIPLE PAGES: BX SERICE YOURSELF site:tractorbynet.com - Google Search

VIDEO: Is the Kubota BX188� enough tractor for you? - YouTube

Your LOCATION should be part of your T-B-N PROFILE.
Note your responders.

Last edited:
Your are considering the BX with lowest power engine, equipped like all subcompact tractors with a two-range HST transmission. It will be pretty slow going up slopes.

VIDEO: Is the Kubota BX188� enough tractor for you? - YouTube

How slow? I live on a slope.....but it's only 2 acres. I dont know how steep my slope is but my riding mower has no problems climbing straight up while pulling a full dump cart. I'll never travel more than a couple of hundered feet with it. A BX23s is 23K out the door which I would never do considering I dont really need a tractor to begin with.