Should I get this BX1880?

/ Should I get this BX1880? #12  
How slow? I live on a slope.....but it's only 2 acres. I dont know how steep my slope is but my riding mower has no problems climbing straight up while pulling a full dump cart. I'll never travel more than a couple of hundered feet with it. A BX23s is 23K out the door which I would never do considering I dont really need a tractor to begin with.
How much slope? I have lots of slope. I have a BX25D (think it is 23hp) and it is a bit slow with a heavy load up a hill. But that's okay for me. Keep in in low gear most all the time. Yeah slow on slopes is smart/safe 'tractoring' anyways in my book. I'm in no hurry around my property. Low and slow is the phrase.

That said, if you plan to be hauling loads of gravel up hill, I could see it being a bit underpowered. You do need to be careful on slopes. Putting some wheel spacers on it will really help with the stability.

/ Should I get this BX1880? #13  
Any weak points? Something about damaging a fan?

I have limited use for a tractor so I don't want to spend too much on a toy. When it's not parked in the garage, it'll be used to general landscape maintenance on 2 acres.

BX FAN: BX fan site:tractorbynet.com - Google Search

Your LOCATION should be part of your T-B-N PROFILE. Pricing, implements, snow, etc. are highly regional.

Note your responders.

/ Should I get this BX1880? #14  
   / Should I get this BX1880? #15  
Comes with loader, ballast box and forks.

get yourself the mid mount mower deck to go along with these and you will have a machine that will do many chores and if taken care of it could last you the rest of your life, or the next 20-30 yrs.

/ Should I get this BX1880? #16  
A one year old with attachments at 11K? Sounds like a good deal to me, wish it was nearer.

/ Should I get this BX1880? #17  
Ok - so that I am understanding the situation your options are

A. used 1 year old unit with 50 hours and implements 11k cash
B. New unit from dealer, same implements - 16.5k (cash/finance option)

Seller A claims to have bought the unit new, maintained it and used for a project - now finished with project a year later and is selling for a 5500 dollar haircut.

Possible - sure. It happens, but myself - I'd be careful here...what was the "project" it was used for...and how does everything else the seller owns look - if he's got a nice shined up tractor sitting in a tin shed falling over surrounded by trash - take this as a sign and move on. Possibly I'd be less scared if they said "bought it - realized I needed bigger/just dont need it" - but 1/3 off for a year of use seems to be a bargain with current pricing trends.

Check with more than 1 dealer on pricing - and factor in financing options. Yes, I understand not everyone needs or wants 0% 60-72 months - but its not that hard to take 20% of what you were planning on paying and using as the down payment and putting the balance in a credit union to draw 1.5% or better with auto payments on the note.

Also - think of your tolerance for down time/potential repair cost - a used unit could easily need a repair costing 1k or more in the next 3-5 years - thats a fair set back. New would presumably come with a warranty that would cover that timeframe (I understand some warranty may transfer on used - but also keep in mind if its found to be "misuse" it will be denied and insurance loves to side with this denial) - Getting any used unit checked out by an expert - it will cost and its not foolproof or cheap...but its also cheap insurance when taking a 11k gamble. Even if you make the deal up front - I'd just make a simple agreement - seller warranty's unit to be free of KNOWN defects and agrees to allow 10 days for inspection by the local dealer. This protects both sides - seller is not promising and making warranty to a buyer who might damage something - and buyer has recourse if a shop does the routine maint and finds something obvious not disclosed. Another benefit - most if you use the dealer who the seller bought from - they will have a record of the unit and likely recall if the seller has been in before with complaints on the unit. Gone are the days of small operations where the salesguy remembers everyone - but with todays systems everything is seeming tracked by the serial number and calls for service are viewable from any dealer.

Assuming 10% of the price is tax/doc fee at a dealer - new would be around 15k - so 11k vs 15k seems more in line. Buying out of state might get you a route to avoid sales taxes. My feeling is the used price is about right and the dealer price is a tad high - but region can effect price.

/ Should I get this BX1880? #18  
I was just quoted 13.5 for a BX1880 at a local dealer (Florida).