BX snow clearing and airport snow clearing at the same time.

/ BX snow clearing and airport snow clearing at the same time. #1  

tractorgp

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
Our local airport is in the line of sight from home so this video shows me using the BX and also shows equipment clearing snow at the airport at the same time.

/ BX snow clearing and airport snow clearing at the same time. #2  
Interesting!
Being a snow removal connoisseur, I believe I have seen your BX snowblower several times on YouTube.
You do great videos!

/ BX snow clearing and airport snow clearing at the same time. #3  
They work much faster than they do in my neck of the woods.

/ BX snow clearing and airport snow clearing at the same time. #4  
Must be some good drifting at times.

/ BX snow clearing and airport snow clearing at the same time.
Interesting!
Being a snow removal connoisseur, I believe I have seen your BX snowblower several times on YouTube.
You do great videos!

Yeah I have lots of snow stuff with the BX on there :)

/ BX snow clearing and airport snow clearing at the same time. #7  
Yup, like everybody else the runways are 150 feet wide and 6,000+ feet long to allow for the 737's and to have more length for braking with the thrust reversers. They have to do all this extra work on the taxi aprons and approaches to the opposing runway entrances, runway exits, terminal aprons and cross runway access lanes.

The loader plows are 15 feet wide and they push everything into a single windrow on the runways and then the blower takes over UNLESS the snow is so deep it requires them to make passes with the snow blower truck..

It still amazes me that snowgo, larue and oshkosh are not using Beilhack snow clearing heads so they can clear off 22,000+ tons per hour being 367 tons per minute in one pass BUT I guess they have no interest in making three engine machines.

/ BX snow clearing and airport snow clearing at the same time.
Yup, like everybody else the runways are 150 feet wide and 6,000+ feet long to allow for the 737's and to have more length for braking with the thrust reversers. They have to do all this extra work on the taxi aprons and approaches to the opposing runway entrances, runway exits, terminal aprons and cross runway access lanes.

The loader plows are 15 feet wide and they push everything into a single windrow on the runways and then the blower takes over UNLESS the snow is so deep it requires them to make passes with the snow blower truck..

It still amazes me that snowgo, larue and oshkosh are not using Beilhack snow clearing heads so they can clear off 22,000+ tons per hour being 367 tons per minute in one pass BUT I guess they have no interest in making three engine machines.

Just some additional info on the video. The video camera is about 1.9 miles from the airport snow clearing equipment. Here's runway details... our longest runway is 8502 ft.
Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 8.36.05 AM.png

/ BX snow clearing and airport snow clearing at the same time. #9  
Your BX25 does a nice job in that snow! Your getting good throwing distance compared to our wetter heavier snows down here.
Sometimes we get dry powdery snow and it's a pleasure compared to the stuff that's 50 lb. per shovel full.
Thanks for the vid.

/ BX snow clearing and airport snow clearing at the same time. #10  
tractorgp
Hey that sounds like local lingo... you know it?
Snow drift over 1' we call drifting here.