Comparison/ Validation

/ Comparison/ Validation
Have you considered looking for a used (pre emissions) Kubota?
They are seemingly quite expensive relative to new, but Kubotas are bullet proof machines,with high value retention, and dealers everywhere.
If you need financing though, this would not be an option, and the search for just the right used Kubota could take up to a year.

In a new tractor I would definitely agree that the TYM is likely the best bang for the buck.
That said: I would never buy a new tractor....WAY too much depreciation!

Ive looked at used machines, and will have some cash to put down and can always finance in my own way. My only problem with this so far has been the bulk of tractors in this family size do not have cabs, and very few combos had blowers of any kind. So while I could find some descent used ones between the 15-22k mark by the time i added a cab and blower it would have been the same price as new if not more. And frankly to be upfront 10-20 year old tractors with 1000hours on them just dont interest me at this point.

/ Comparison/ Validation #12  
Ok, first you need to realize some of those tractors you mentioned do NOT come with a factory cab. If the dealer is putting it on it is not factory and is not as good as a cab. The noise is more, the fit isn't as good and many don't have AC. I'm not knocking them, they just don't match up to a factory cab. My second thought is if you want your front loader in the winter, get a 3pt snow blower.

/ Comparison/ Validation
Ok, first you need to realize some of those tractors you mentioned do NOT come with a factory cab. If the dealer is putting it on it is not factory and is not as good as a cab. The noise is more, the fit isn't as good and many don't have AC. I'm not knocking them, they just don't match up to a factory cab. My second thought is if you want your front loader in the winter, get a 3pt snow blower.

I realize that. the Kubota and Kiotis are factory cabs, the kioti just isnt put on at the factory, 2650 from what I told is factory installed and has both ac and heat as I mentioned, which is the only one in the first grouping that had AC. The JD and the TYM 254 are not factory cabs one way or the other and do not have AC. The Larger TYMs and the 3510s are definitely factory installed cabs as well as the LS model listed and carry AC and heat both.

Yeah kicked around the 3 point blower. TBH I dont want to back up to do the job, i ll pay the extra money for a forward mount, Plus either way I would get the Forward PTO which is 500 of the 5-7k anyways. And not using a blade or bucket as Im not dealing with snow banks and destroying my lawn creating snow banks.

What it really boils down to is I would like to spend between 20-25 period, max being 30. Just because I have a budget doesnt mean I have to spend the max amount either.

/ Comparison/ Validation #14  
I realize that. the Kubota and Kiotis are factory cabs, the kioti just isnt put on at the factory, 2650 from what I told is factory installed and has both ac and heat as I mentioned, which is the only one in the first grouping that had AC. The JD and the TYM 254 are not factory cabs one way or the other and do not have AC. The Larger TYMs and the 3510s are definitely factory installed cabs as well as the LS model listed and carry AC and heat both.

Yeah kicked around the 3 point blower. TBH I dont want to back up to do the job, i ll pay the extra money for a forward mount, Plus either way I would get the Forward PTO which is 500 of the 5-7k anyways. And not using a blade or bucket as Im not dealing with snow banks and destroying my lawn creating snow banks.

What it really boils down to is I would like to spend between 20-25 period, max being 30. Just because I have a budget doesnt mean I have to spend the max amount either.

Ok, I misunderstood what you thought were factory cabs :) I also went back and forth with blowers and decided I want my bucket. I am going to get a 3pt inverted snow blower that has electric chute control so I don't have to spend the extra money on another Hydraulic remotes. The tractor I just purchase sits higher than the ones you are looking at so an inverted blower might not be as good for you. Here in Maine my tractor has no problem driving over 2ft of snow, so I think the inverted will work good for me.

I agree with having a budget, but I am notoriously bad about busting my budget by a few thousand to get what I want :) My wife has become used to this, lol.

/ Comparison/ Validation
Ok, I misunderstood what you thought were factory cabs :) I also went back and forth with blowers and decided I want my bucket. I am going to get a 3pt inverted snow blower that has electric chute control so I don't have to spend the extra money on another Hydraulic remotes. The tractor I just purchase sits higher than the ones you are looking at so an inverted blower might not be as good for you. Here in Maine my tractor has no problem driving over 2ft of snow, so I think the inverted will work good for me.

I agree with having a budget, but I am notoriously bad about busting my budget by a few thousand to get what I want :) My wife has become used to this, lol.

I got ya. really the 2520 and 2650 will probably handle all future needs for me. The conundrum comes at cost and if going to buy the Kubota and JD for the same price I can get others with more HP, factory everything, which by all accounts are good tractors. yeah I get the parts and service aspect as well.

Yeah I really try to budget, I got money but I have competing interest lol.

Last edited:
   / Comparison/ Validation #16  
I got ya. really the 2520 and 2650 will probably handle all future needs for me. The conundrum comes at cost and if going to buy the Kubota and JD for the same price I can others with more HP, factory everything, which by all accounts are good tractors. yeah I get the parts and service aspect as well.

Yeah I really try to budget, I got money but I have competing interest lol.

Yes, I have a Kubota and love it but for this new tractor Kubota couldn't touch the MF for everything I got. The equivalent Kubota was about 5k more.

/ Comparison/ Validation #17  
I will tell you one thing;you don't want a cab with out air conditioning.I turn mine on at 65 degrees.They are like a fish bowl.Go with the L2650 and a rear mount blower.Front blowers cost so much because of the required sub-frame and you have to remove the FEL to install;not a big thing but you need a solid spot(concrete) to do it.

/ Comparison/ Validation
I will tell you one thing;you don't want a cab with out air conditioning.I turn mine on at 65 degrees.They are like a fish bowl.Go with the L2650 and a rear mount blower.Front blowers cost so much because of the required sub-frame and you have to remove the FEL to install;not a big thing but you need a solid spot(concrete) to do it.

I dont see a L2650 I see a 2501 online with no cab so thats going to be after market with no AC and by the time the cab is added to the 2501 There really isnt going to be a cost savings.

Now did get another quote for the 2650 just now for 30k vs 32k.

/ Comparison/ Validation #19  
Mahindra is a good machine, but so is a TYM obviously. My only thought on the Mahindra, was right at the JD 2025 price, for same price I would probably get better service at the JD dealer. Also DPF, SCRs half dozen one half the other, really, still a filter that does some form of regen, so Im not sure Mahindra can get away with saying the machine never does anything to regen or what other term that might be used.

Dealer support is the most important thing.

The Mahindra uses a DOC which is basically the same as a catalyitic converter on a gas engine. There is no regen and no exhaust fluid. I believe a couple other engine manufacturers are using it as well now. You might check to see if any of the TYM models use DOC now instead of DPF since TYM uses different engines based on model in some of their lineup.

/ Comparison/ Validation
Dealer support is the most important thing.

The Mahindra uses a DOC which is basically the same as a catalyitic converter on a gas engine. There is no regen and no exhaust fluid. I believe a couple other engine manufacturers are using it as well now. You might check to see if any of the TYM models use DOC now instead of DPF since TYM uses different engines based on model in some of their lineup.

Thanks I will take a look.