Loader New to This Kubota...

/ New to This Kubota... #1  

jcri

Tractor
Kubota L4310HST
Hi everyone,
I just bought a L4310 to replace much smaller JD 2305. I would like to go through it, change the fluids and filters before doing any work with it. One thing I noticed is that the loader hydraulic lines don’t have quick disconnects. So to remove the loader it seems a bit odd to have to actually remove the lines like this? I mean it doesn’t seem like you can get to the engine to change oil or anything with the loader on it. It has only One line that has a quick disconnect style coupler. Is this typical of the age of this tractor? Sorry if This sounds dumb, I’m just looking for some help in understanding what I’ve got here and what to do going forward with regard to maintenance. This is only my second machine... (the little 2305 was my only other tractor). I need to order manuals for it... just trying to get the hang of this. Thank you.
IMG_8628.jpg
IMG_8627.jpg
IMG_8619.jpg

/ New to This Kubota... #2  
Hello. Refrain from attempting to remove the loader. Maintenance should be doable with hood and loader up.

/ New to This Kubota... #3  
:welcome: to TBN...enjoy.

/ New to This Kubota... #4  
In my 65 years here on the farm we have owned 8 tractors, multiples at one time or another, and have never taken the loader frame off any of the units. Buckets come off some times but never the frame work.

/ New to This Kubota... #5  
While I don't have experience with a wide variety of equipment, it seems odd for those connections not to be some form of quick connect. Especially since I've seen much older agricultural tractors with quick disconnects on the loader connections.

However, if at all possible I would recommend doing the maintenance with the loader on and lifted. I still remember helping my grandfather remove and reattached the loader frame from an old International once (20 something years ago) -- it was enough of a pain to put back on that he never removed it again.

While I suspect detaching it on a hard surface (like that shop floor) would make things a bit easier there's still the difficulty of trying to realign all the hardware interfaces between the tractor and loader frame. As a result of that I'm not sure I'd remove the loader frame from anything larger than a subcompact (even if it's designed to be "easily" detached/reattached) given the weight of the tractor and loader frame on anything larger would make it difficult to manually make minor alignment adjustments.

So the best advice I can offer is that if you remove the loader frame put some serious thought into how to handle reattachment since the geometry and fixed nature of loader frames tend to make removal/reattachment more difficult than attaching/detaching 3pt implements.

/ New to This Kubota...
That’s good news actually. I don’t want to remove the loader frame, I just thought it was going to be necessary.

Thanks for the replies

/ New to This Kubota... #7  
Looks to me like the loader control valve comes off with the loader (in the 3rd picture). And it has the stands on the loader arms.
Personally I would want to know how to remove the loader.
I remove/install mine all the time. Just like any other attachment.

/ New to This Kubota...
You’re right. It does have flip down loader stands and except for the lines not having couplers, it looks like it’s designed to be removed like other quick detach style loader frames.

My immediate need is to just be able to service the engine and honestly didn’t see how to open the hood with the loader frame on the tractor. I’m going to raise the boom and take another look.

Having owned a Bobcat skid steer in the past, I am a little leery of working on the tractor with the boom up in the air over head. Seems awfully dangerous unless their is a safety lockout or similar to keep the boom from falling should something go wrong.

/ New to This Kubota... #9  
My previous L3410 side panels came off with a quarter turn handle at the bottom, and the panels lift up slightly to remove. The hood area does not come off.
I never removed the loader for anything, including maintenance. The 10 series tractors are nice machines, and the current tier4 dpf emissions made them more valuable.

/ New to This Kubota... #10  
Different people have different preferences. I've had three tractors with loaders since 2002. Loaders are usually on between the last mowing in the Fall and the first mowing in the Spring. During mowing season, the loaders and frames have always been removed except when using the loader. The frame is just something to get in the way. It only takes a couple minutes to get the whole loader and frame on and off.

Access under the hood is a lot easier without the frame, and since I don't have the safety props I won't work under a raised loader. Your loader frame has a bar that crosses the hood. If you do remove your loader, be careful you don't miss the pins when taking it on and off.