Lock-n-Lube worked well once.

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once.
I have it soaking. It sure was nice the one time I used it. If soaking doesn’t work, I will try to get the jaws out. It came with a spare set. The collar just doesn’t move any so not sure getting the jaws out will help at all. If that fails, the old trash can will get a deposit!

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #13  
I have it soaking. It sure was nice the one time I used it. If soaking doesn’t work, I will try to get the jaws out. It came with a spare set. The collar just doesn’t move any so not sure getting the jaws out will help at all. If that fails, the old trash can will get a deposit!

Don't give up so easy.
Contact their tech support and get their input.
It is a good product but all tools will improve with age out in the field.
Your input may help them improve the product down the road as well.

Let us know how this goes.

I took the handle off, unscrewed it from the back side and took a hammer and punch to it. I managed to drive the guts out. It was corroded pretty bad. I used some Scotch Brite and cleaned everything up. Put a little motor oil on it and put it all back together. Not sure why it was so corroded but it is clean now! Tried it out and it is good as new! Thanks everyone!

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #15  
Interesting how it got so corroded.
But in all fairness, I went dainbread last week and left grease gun sitting on root plow.
Used it to grease up loader for dirt work got hot to trot on the job and forgot about it for a few days. Yeah can see how it happens.

Glad it's all good now.
We will now return to our regular schedule programming....:drink:

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #16  
I have heard everything now. A rusty grease gun. Who would have thunk it.

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #17  
My Lock n Lube grease coupler arrived this week. The ebay ad had a red white and blue US map at the top with a notation saying "US STOCK". I'm pretty sure that means the coupler was imported and stocked in the US. Another clue is the Chinese looking writing on the fitting.

They were made in South Africa. Are they made in China now?

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #18  
They were made in South Africa. Are they made in China now?

I suspect this is an imitation. It only cost $12.02. Aren't the others closer to $30.00?

Mine says South Africa. I also bought it from a local supplier that might have had it for a while. Who knows, the Chinese knock off might be better. :thumbsup:

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #20  
I suspect this is an imitation. It only cost $12.02. Aren't the others closer to $30.00?

Yep. I paid 30 bucks plus or minus, I can't remember exactly. My package said made in south africa on it. But that has been a while.