Stolen Kubota M7060

/ Stolen Kubota M7060 #1  

PILOON

Super Star Member
Tractor
MT180D
My friend had a nice low hrs Cabbed 7060 (100 hp) (only 5-600 hrs) C/W 8 ft blower and extendable 7-12 ft reversible (pull back) front blade. Also had an HD 8ft blower installed.
Well seems there was a demand for that model and last Wednesday in the wee hours the 'perps' came equipped with a 'tilt and load' and absconded with it.
All is captured on cameras but naturally the perps faces are covered with hoodies and the tags don't show.
The perps vehicle is an extended 3/4 ton extended cab C/W trailer.
They also took a 12 wheel truck and trailer as well as a very new compact tracked excavator.

LEO's found the 12 wheeler abandoned not far away.
We presume the perps were leery of a GPS being in the truck. (but no mini excavator)

Next comes the hassles with the insurance pending settlement.
Meanwhile how is he to do his snow removal?

Insurance likes to collect but sure are slow at settling!

/ Stolen Kubota M7060 #2  
Sorry for your friend.

It makes my repeated case about the uselessness of "CAMERAS" as a security method in itself.

/ Stolen Kubota M7060 #3  
It's too bad that none of the stolen equipment did have tracking devices. Most likely they are now in a cargo container, headed overseas. :(

/ Stolen Kubota M7060 #4  
I'd sure like to know how your friend ended up with a 100 HP M7060? Maybe that's why it got stolen - to enter in tractor pulls!

/ Stolen Kubota M7060 #5  
Sorry for your friend.

It makes my repeated case about the uselessness of "CAMERAS" as a security method in itself.

Yea I don’t understand. GPS tracking and a way to disable from starting would go way farther. And keeping it out of site from the road helps. My theory is you can’t steal what you don’t know exists.

/ Stolen Kubota M7060 #6  
Also, not a common key. The common key is a GREAT idea, if you are different and make YOURS have a unique key.

GPS tracking may or may not be effective. But like Insurance and other security masures it adds to the cost of ownership. If you have a lot of equipment, the cost adds up. And I have seen, even with effective GPS that can locate your stolen equipment, getting it back isn't always easy. Making an insurance claim would probably be much easier, actually.

/ Stolen Kubota M7060
Big problem is that insurance is slow to settle up, meanwhile the snow is coming and dealers have no stock.
In fact he reported the theft Thursday and no response from insurance as of yesterday. I did locate a similar machine used and suggested he try renting with purchase option for the immediate time being. He could always flip it later once insurance is settled up.
Tractors are not the problem, stock is available but blades and blowers are in short supply.

His blade was a fantastic purchase being government surplus and never seen service.
It was extendable 7-12 ft, plus flip over for pulling back from close quarters.
A $10K blade purchased for $3k. It was 10 yrs old but never saw service.
Paint was pristine and totally free of any rust.
Now insurance will probably want to depreciate it as used.
Tractor was a low time demo just like new.

/ Stolen Kubota M7060 #8  
You have to know EXACTLY what your insurance covers and can't make any assumptions.

If you have something special, you had better sort that out with the insurance company before something happens. I guess they want to know what something cost you and don't care if you can't replace it for that.

/ Stolen Kubota M7060 #9  
I'd sure like to know how your friend ended up with a 100 HP M7060? Maybe that's why it got stolen - to enter in tractor pulls!

I noticed that too, Eagle.

SDT

/ Stolen Kubota M7060 #10  
I smell a rat