Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #551  
I drive this when I'm not on my New Holland.

Cayman.jpg

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #553  
I had to keep it under 85 mph to prevent loss of protein content.

Attachments

• HayDelivery.jpg
    HayDelivery.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 72
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #554  
I keep trying to live without a sports car, but the truth is they make me happy, and I can have fun on the way to/from work. As I get older, it seems like an easy way to enjoy my time. I had been looking for a 1978-1984 Ferarri 308 (Magnum PI car) but they are pricey to find a decent one, and a used 40 year old Italian sport car is probably the dumbest idea in the world. So I spent less for a 2020 BMW M2 Competition:

IMG_3093.jpg IMG_3094.jpg

BMW rates it at 405HP, but these have ~ 500 HP according to dyno testing. With a 6-spd manual, it's more fun than anyone deserves. I don't even speed in it, I just enjoy the low-end acceleration. Even at part throttle it's a blast to drive. Aside from the fat fenders, it's rather anonymous looking, which is a plus.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #555  
I have an old corvette, if that qualifies as a sports car, and some old sport bikes

37516456_524370467977812_2218121175526014976_n.jpg

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #556  
yes ......

Attachments

• IMG_1240.jpg
    IMG_1240.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1432.jpg
    IMG_1432.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #557  
Grand Daughters like them too!

IMG_0831.jpg

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #558  
I keep trying to live without a sports car, but the truth is they make me happy, and I can have fun on the way to/from work. As I get older, it seems like an easy way to enjoy my time. I had been looking for a 1978-1984 Ferarri 308 (Magnum PI car) but they are pricey to find a decent one, and a used 40 year old Italian sport car is probably the dumbest idea in the world.

In my younger days I had the opportunity to do some maintenance and repairs on a Euro version 308 GTB. Did a clutch in it and cleaned and synchronized the weber carbs. It was a bit of a beast to drive. The American version had hydraulic clutch and fuel injection but the euro version had a mouse trap linkage like and old Harley and weber carbs. I did get to pick my wife up for lunch on a test drive one day. :)

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #559  
I have an old corvette, if that qualifies as a sports car, and some old sport bikes

View attachment 631612

Yea they qualify and then some..:thumbsup:
Some cool nasty ***** Kawasaki's you got there too..! The turbo one looks nuts..:cool2:

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #560  
Yes - many, many years ago. We had a Datsun 2000. Ran timed leg sports car events. What a winter blast. Many stop watches, several maps on HD clip boards and full Eddie Bauer down outer wear. These events were especially wild in the winters in Anchorage. We ran these events with the top down. Your favorite brand of brandy was optional.

The type of stop watch was very special. Had to be able to operate with a down gloved hand.

Then at the finish - big bondfire - good friends - great food - warm libations.