Gas cylinders on an angle?

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #11  
I have a firm dislike for DOT. Not necessarily because of welding bottles but just BECAUSE......

The DOT is are friend just trying to make it safe for everybody I have tickets to prove it....LOL

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #12  
The DOT is are friend just trying to make it safe for everybody I have tickets to prove it....LOL

Thanks Peter that made me chuckle.

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #13  

“Hello, I’m from the DOT, and I’m here to help”

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #14  
I think you can have regs attached if you have "in-service" cylinder safety caps, but I might be wrong.

I remember selling hundreds of those caps I think at the time were called Tulip caps. It worked for a while but the DOT in MN. found a way to still write tickets for regs on bottles even with Tulip caps. Hard asses.

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #15  
If that is an acetylene tank, that is a big no-no. Very dangerous. The pic it so small it is hard to tell. It might be a propane bottle, in which case, I think it is not so bad, though propane is partially liquid in the tank. That's a different issue than acetylene.

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #16  
What would be cool (to me anyway), a hinged set up for the tanks so you could transport in a lowered position and then pivot them to vertical at the job site.

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #17  
If that is an acetylene tank, that is a big no-no. Very dangerous. The pic it so small it is hard to tell. It might be a propane bottle, in which case, I think it is not so bad, though propane is partially liquid in the tank. That's a different issue than acetylene.

True, It's probably not propane due to the sizes of the tans it comes in but you have a point that it may an alternate fuel for sure. Propylene or Chemolene. They come in an acetylene sized tank and can be used at that angle. Anything more though and they can flame out like when you turn a 1# propane upside down with a turbo torch or similar attached. The pic is unclear.

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #18  
"transport in a lowered position and then pivot them to vertical at the job site"

Let's see; move trailer to job site, tip up tanks, then (if acetylene) wait 12 hours for the acetylene tank to normalize, then - Oh, wait, time to go home :laughing:

Sorry mark, couldn't resist... Steve

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #19  
"transport in a lowered position and then pivot them to vertical at the job site"

Let's see; move trailer to job site, tip up tanks, then (if acetylene) wait 12 hours for the acetylene tank to normalize, then - Oh, wait, time to go home :laughing:

Sorry mark, couldn't resist... Steve
Oops... sorry I wasn't thinking acetylene!