Gas cylinders on an angle?

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #21  
Yeah, and WITHOUT tweakers waiting for you to turn your back for 5 minutes :rolleyes: ... Steve

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #22  
FIVE minutes Steve??? Your tweakers union???

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #23  
My tanks lean about 26 degrees. Is that too much? I store them vertical but sometimes they remain slanted like this if I have to roll them to the other side of the shop for a torch job.

Torch cart.jpg

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #24  
My tanks lean about 26 degrees. Is that too much? I store them vertical but sometimes they remain slanted like this if I have to roll them to the other side of the shop for a torch job.

View attachment 648014

That’s a nice cart design.

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #25  
I bought it at northern tool years ago but I am not sure if they still sell them. I would like to find one about this size with large steel wheels so it would roll in the gravel driveway easily.

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #26  
Yours is the same basic design as this one I found on Facebook Marketplace. The shop only wanted a case of beer for the two carts and were happy with the $20 I gave them. Yours looks much better constructed.

Adjustments.jpg

I built this one for the farm when I was a kid. The large diameter wheels were necessary to roll around outside. Most likely something similar would work for you.

Adjustments.jpg

The bottle clamp to replace chains I only added lately.

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #27  
BT, your cart looks like it can also stand up straight; looks like the weight of the bottles would allow that. I don't think the angle would be a BIG deal, but personally unless there was a really good reason NOT to, I would opt for tipping it up straight (assuming I'm right about that option) - After nearly getting killed by someone NOT being aware OR careful with acetylene before I was 20, I tend NOT to "poke the bear" unless I already have a rocket launcher pointed at him.

I don't have any pics, but a couple of the many O/A carts (most were size 5 acetylene/330 cf Oxy) at the last place I worked (retired in 2012) were set up with full-size car tires, and heavy frames that were actually a sort of GIMBAL mount - when you tipped the cart back on its wheels, both tanks stayed vertical. Tipping it back only moved the center of gravity back a bit so you had a little weight on the handles. Most of the weldors liked 'em because you could roll up to a job, do it and move on before the other O/A sets could even be used.

Too many industrial and govt secrets in that place, so I couldn't get pics, and I never got around to making a drawing - sorry... Steve

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #28  
Maybe I better just start using it in the upright position for safeties sake. If I ever need them refilled, I will stand the cart up when cutting for sure then.
Maybe it's okay or maybe I'm just lucky, I don't know. But there has to be a reason Northern Tool quit selling them.

/ Gas cylinders on an angle? #29  
   / Gas cylinders on an angle? #30  

View attachment 648014

Most LWS sell carts like this. The back wheels are just a kick stand to make moving around a little safer with less weight to hold onto. This cart is how many hospitals move their spec gases around.