My B8200 is making a wining noise.

/ My B8200 is making a wining noise. #1  

mopower01

Tractor
Bolens, Kubota B8200dt
I have an 83 B8200 Manual transmission. When I start it up it is making a whining/buzzing sound that I can't quite pinpoint. It does speed up with the engine RPMs. Oil and hydraulic levels look good, but the 3pt is struggling to lift my finishing mower. I do not have a FEL. It does sit outside, but I keep it parked under a tree. I don't have any manuals for it so any input would be much appreciated.

/ My B8200 is making a wining noise. #2  
It sounds like your hydraulic pump is starving for fluid.

Download an owners' manual at Kubotabooks.com

If you send me your email address in a private message I will provide you with a Workshop manual.

Dave M7040

/ My B8200 is making a wining noise.
That's kind of what I thought, but I wasn't sure. I know there is a screen in the side of the case, but if i drain the oil I don't have any on hand to replace it with. Might have to make a run to TSC. How muck do I need to pick up?

/ My B8200 is making a wining noise. #4  
Take the time to read the Owners' manual to find quantities.

Likely best to use Kubota UDT fluid as most instructions from Kubota recommended changes from what was in the original manuals.

Dave M7040

/ My B8200 is making a wining noise. #5  
Using generic fluid in a Kubota HST trans is begging for trouble, expensive trouble. Bite the bullet and get OEM fluid. That penny saved on generic fluid could most likely cost you hundreds if not thousands in repair bills.

/ My B8200 is making a wining noise. #6  
Using generic fluid in a Kubota HST trans is begging for trouble, expensive trouble. Bite the bullet and get OEM fluid. That penny saved on generic fluid could most likely cost you hundreds if not thousands in repair bills.

In first post owner stated:

I have an 83 B8200 Manual transmission

The owners' manual provides for a number of non Kubota fluids in addition to UDT.

Dave M7040

I'll keep that in mind if I ever buy a HST tractor.

/ My B8200 is making a wining noise. #8  
In first post owner stated:

I have an 83 B8200 Manual transmission

The owners' manual provides for a number of non Kubota fluids in addition to UDT.

Dave M7040

Pardon my dust. Any fluid except 303 series fluid will do.

UPDATE I changed the Hydro oil before parking it for the winter. I used the Traveler brand from TSC. When I fired it up for the first time today I noticed I still have the buzzing noise and it is struggling to lift my back blade. The 3 point is jerkey regardless of the amount of throttle i give it.

When I changed the oil last fall a couple globs of what looked like grease came out of the drain plug. I also pulled the screen and cleaned it in a parts washer before reinstalling. Would there be anywhere I could have air trapped that would be causing this? If so, where should I start the bleeding process?

/ My B8200 is making a wining noise. #10  
UPDATE I changed the Hydro oil before parking it for the winter. I used the Traveler brand from TSC. When I fired it up for the first time today I noticed I still have the buzzing noise and it is struggling to lift my back blade. The 3 point is jerkey regardless of the amount of throttle i give it.

When I changed the oil last fall a couple globs of what looked like grease came out of the drain plug. I also pulled the screen and cleaned it in a parts washer before reinstalling. Would there be anywhere I could have air trapped that would be causing this? If so, where should I start the bleeding process?

In your case, if you have a hydro, that cheapo junk fluid will eventually destroy your hydrostat. I wouldn't use that crap for dust control.