Mower style advise needed.

/ Mower style advise needed. #12  
Bumps is one of the biggest reasons I switched to a Toolcat. It handles skid steer implements up front, has a pto and 3pt out back (5610), has 4 wheel suspension and all wheel steer. I too planted forage and prairie grasses where I had 1800 trees removed.

/ Mower style advise needed. #13  
I see they have a suspension, but still pretty small (tiny) wheels compared to a real tractor.

Nice machine no doubt but kind of pricey.

img.jpg

Last edited:
   / Mower style advise needed. #14  
I see they have a suspension, but still pretty small (tiny) wheels compared to a real tractor.

Nice machine no doubt but kind of pricey.

View attachment 663022

Yes, the tires at 27/29" are smaller than many tractor rear tires, including the TC33D I had, but there is no comparison between the two on ride quality. It's like comparing a hay wagon to a modern car.

/ Mower style advise needed. #15  
If at all possible, see if a local farmer wants to hay it. Even if you let him use the land for free, you are farther ahead than buying something and then investing more time to take care of it.

We had 142 acres with 40 acres of open field near a neighboring farm when I was a boy. My dad charged the farmer $40 a year to use the 40 acres...that was over 50 years ago. Win-win.

/ Mower style advise needed. #16  
By "real tractor" above, I meant something like this, but perhaps little newer version!

Tractor.jpg

vs.

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 64
   / Mower style advise needed. #17  
Bumps is one of the biggest reasons I switched to a Toolcat. It handles skid steer implements up front, has a pto and 3pt out back (5610), has 4 wheel suspension and all wheel steer. I too planted forage and prairie grasses where I had 1800 trees removed.
Good luck mowing 50 acres with that!

/ Mower style advise needed. #18  
I’d get a wider mower like at 12’ footer or maybe bigger. You’ll have to go snail slow but that was the point.

/ Mower style advise needed.
Excellent information guys, I really appreciate it. I was also thinking a ( Tracked) skid steer for the AC and cab. ) :D But was guessing it would be a rougher ride. ( Was looking at a Kubota SVL 95 )

I mowed it down to about 6" or so, so I can really see the highs and lows. I will hit it with a drag and see what happens. The bummer is darn near anywhere where the ground is scratched, these **** thistles pop up and spread like crazy.